Compression, HP, Difference, RXP and GTX SC

I am reposting a question I asked in another post and adding to it in hope of getting more response.

If the intercooler is the major difference between the 215hp and the 185hp SC motors (I think there is more to it than that but that was the best answer I found on the post about the differences), if I add an external intercooler to my GTX SC (185hp) would the performance gains be greater than the performance gains seen on the 215hp version with the same intercooler addition? I see most claim about 15hp or so with an external IC, however, that seems to be the figure for the 215hp motor which already has an IC. So one without would benifit ever greater possibly?

Has anybody pulled the IC from a 215hp motor and dyno'd with no IC?

Also, I was told in another thread that the compression ratios are differant between the two motors. Anybody know what they are? Which leads me to another question. If the GTX SC runs more compression than the RXP, and has no intercooler, Would adding an external intercooler and the green SC wheel cause issues...knock...?

Quote Originally Posted by dochere195 View Post
    I am reposting a question I asked in another post and adding to it in hope of getting more response.

If the intercooler is the major difference between the 215hp and the 185hp SC motors (I think there is more to it than that but that was the best answer I found on the post about the differences), if I add an external intercooler to my GTX SC (185hp) would the performance gains be greater than the performance gains seen on the 215hp version with the same intercooler addition? I see most claim about 15hp or so with an external IC, however, that seems to be the figure for the 215hp motor which already has an IC. So one without would benifit ever greater possibly?

Has anybody pulled the IC from a 215hp motor and dyno'd with no IC?

Also, I was told in another thread that the compression ratios are differant between the two motors. Anybody know what they are? Which leads me to another question. If the GTX SC runs more compression than the RXP, and has no intercooler, Would adding an external intercooler and the green SC wheel cause issues...knock...?
    Yes! You got it!

Compression Ratios
    RXP/RXT SC IC 8.5:1
    GTX SC 10.5:1

I added an stock 06 intercooler to my 04 GTX SC along with a stg2 riva kit and my ski is faster than my friends 05 RXT.

For what I understand, the pistons are different with the 215 stock hp engines than the 185 hp. We have the cast iron pistons. 215 stock hp engines can handle more than 215hp. 185 pistons can handle about 215 hp.

Compration ratio difference has to do with forced air induction.

Quote Originally Posted by deltaRat II View Post
    Compression Ratios

I added an stock 06 intercooler to my 04 GTX SC along with a stg2 riva kit and my ski is faster than my friends 05 RXT.

For what I understand, the pistons are different with the 215 stock hp engines than the 185 hp. We have the cast iron pistons. 215 stock hp engines can handle more than 215hp. 185 pistons can handle about 215 hp.

Compration ratio difference has to do with forced air induction.
    To be more specific, RXP/RXT's run higher RPMs = higher boost.

Quote Originally Posted by deltaRat II View Post
    Compression Ratios

Just looked it up. GTX SC has 8.1:1, naturally aspirated GTX is 10.5:1

That's good to know. Makes me feel more comfortable adding boost. We'll see...

Thread Information