Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris 750 slt - Engine keep running

I put new engine to Polaris 750 slt. Connected battery and engine starts running even with out lanyard or start button pressed. I disconnected wires from start button but it still running - any idea?
    Thanks,

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk, Seal. Obviously something is wired incorrectly. I would open the elec. box and make sure all wires are connected to the proper terminal location. The board is color coded to correspond with the wire color. EX: board says OR = orange yel = yellow etc, etc, etc... Even if you accidentally hooked the wrong battery cable to the battery, the kill switch should still work, unless it's not wired correctly.

I put a lengthy answer over at the other site! sorry I didn't see this post first! this site is wayyyyy better! Z

Thanks everyone, this is what I found out so far:

I checked solenoid small wire (y/r) and it does have a power without start button pressed. There is a power on both big leads along with small (y/r) wire. (no power on small black wire) which indicates that solenoid must be broken. Please confirm that this is what I should replace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	750elecboxfnew.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	28835  

The black is the ground and the yellow is supposed to go to the start button! so I'm thinking you hooked this up to the wrong place so disconnect it completely and retest the big leads if it's still hot at both posts then it's the solenoid! if it's only hot at one like it should be the yellow wiring is goofy! Z

I just saw what you added to my pic! that is not correct! the red purple should feed the start switch then the yellow red completes the circuit! so you found your problem! Z

Yes, I did. It was a Y/R wire connected to a wrong place. Now, the engine start running while I press a start button - checked spark plug power – Ok. Thanks for your help. Now, I have another problem – kill switch doesn’t work – I can start the engine without lanyard. In addition, every time I try to put a good fuse in it blows out. Any idea what could be wrong?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Check your color coded wires to the board abbreviations. You have a wire in the wrong location again.

I solved fuse problem - it’s because of MFD – it must be broken because fuse its fine when I disconnected MFD. Kill switch issue– how does it work correctly? With no lanyard attached and pressing a start button starter is spinning but there is no spark on the spark plugs or its very weak comparing to when I insert lanyard into it – please let me know if this is how it should works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0180.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	29345  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information