Chesterfield VA

Pulling the SC....How difficult?

Hey i have another post on here about my ski 05 rxp being filled with water.Anyway I have it running now and have changed the oil about 8 times as of now.I changed the oil about 6 times before taking the ski out for a spin, and i could here the sc spinning. Welll.. i got it out in the water and the ski would not rev over 6300 rpm's.So doing some research on here many are having this problem, i guess it is the washers.My dealer is backed up for 3 weeks, so im thinking of taking off the charger myself.How difficult is it to pull..?any special tools needed?I guess i will send to to Jerry..can someone give me his contact info.Thanks to everyone for helping me out...

Unfortunately pulling the s/c'er will be the least of your worries now. There are some threads on what needs to be done when you lose your washers. Just do a search and you'll find everything on s/c'er removal as well as what to do when the washers let go. Good luck...

Chesterfield VA
    I just found jerry's info.......lol...Just looked a little to my left

Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar
    It's very easy. Just nuts and bolts and take your time. Make sure you use the proper tool on the rear SC bolt. It's easy to strip. If you do strip it you will have to cut the SC'r off so be careful.

+1
    this is my first time I ever placed my hands on a 4-tec SC motor and it only took me 15 minutes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    this is my first time I ever placed my hands on a 4-tec SC motor and it only took me 15 minutes.
    Yeah, but you had already studied enough such that you could remove a 4tec engine in the same amount of time

Chesterfield VA
    Ok got the supercharger off...Both washers are gone. The oil filter is covered with looks like metal particles,guess it is the ceramic from the washers. Now with the some help from red devil, i plan to take out the oil pumps. I will need to pull the motor in order to get to the pumps.Anybody got any advice on the best way to pull the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by jbeast View Post
    Ok got the supercharger off...Both washers are gone. The oil filter is covered with looks like metal particles,guess it is the ceramic from the washers. Now with the some help from red devil, i plan to take out the oil pumps. I will need to pull the motor in order to get to the pumps.Anybody got any advice on the best way to pull the motor.
    Yep, first you will disconnect the battery, remove the impeller pump housing, drive shaft, drain the coolant, remove the hoses from the theromstat, remove the fuel line to the fuel rail, and disconnect the A and B plugs from the ECU to name a few things. When everything is disconnected there will be 3 bolts holding the motor down. Strap the motor to an electric wench and hoist it out of the hull. Then, let the tear down begin.....I'll give you a call tomorrow. Maybe we can start next week.
    Last edited by Red Devil; 06-23-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Chesterfield VA
    Yeah, i should have no problem doing this myself......lol Thanks for all the help.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeast View Post
    Yeah, i should have no problem doing this myself......lol Thanks for all the help.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

Thread Information