Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem after problem

Well as many of you know I can't get my S2 ski to go faster than 69mph. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28801

Upon further inspection of my ski I have noticed that water has gotten into the pump cone. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29536 Looks like the pump may need to be rebuilt. There is also play in the prop and shaft that goes through the bearings that the prop spins onto. Together they like to move back and forth a little bit through the bearings. That's not normal is it? That shaft holds the bearings in there and I would think that it should fit tight onto them.

I have also noticed condensation on the intake pipe side of the XS IC along with a couple water droplets in the pipe that leads into the intake manifold...nothing major though, but it's enough to worry me. I did not see any condensation in the intake manifold or throttle body. I'm tempted to ditch the XS external IC and put the stock one back in or order a Pirhana or Riva IC.

I'm about to go back into the garage and see what else is wrong. Seems like one thing is leading to another.Looks like the next few weeks are shot for me, hopefully I haven't lost the whole summer. I tried doing all this on a strict budget, but it looks like that may come back and bite me square in the a$$. Probably end up spending more $$$ fixing things and then more money trying to get back to a better S2 ski.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 06-23-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Well I just got done pressure testing it with a garden hose and I don't see it leaking into either of the intakes, so I don't know what to think.

I still don't think condensation in the pipe that goes to the throttle body is a good sign, but I have no idea how it got there.

Remember when you blasted your bucket? I'm no expert but that full blown reverse water flow might have started your problem down there, or there's a leaky seal in there. What about pressure testing your hull?

Quote Originally Posted by smc View Post
    Remember when you blasted your bucket? I'm no expert but that full blown reverse water flow might have started your problem down there, or there's a leaky seal in there. What about pressure testing your hull?
    Yeah I remember that. I thought someone fired a shotgun right behind my head. I've checked the pump and rideplate area many times though and haven't seen anything wrong. I completely removed the reverse bucket. VTS works fine, didn't see any broken seals, or anything else.

And what do you mean by pressure testing my hull?

the best way to test external intercoolers is to remove the tube going to the throttle body and ride it at WOT for a while and check if you see water coming out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzy View Post
    the best way to test external intercoolers is to remove the tube going to the throttle body and ride it at WOT for a while and check if you see water coming out of it.
    New one on me...good to know

+1
    Chezzy It Right On With That Test. I Had A Running Problem And I Decided To Remove My Pipes And Ride It All Day And Found Water In My Inner Cooler After The Ride. I Pressure Tested My Inner Cooler Twice And Found No Leaks With The Water Hose Test.todd

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    Chezzy It Right On With That Test. I Had A Running Problem And I Decided To Remove My Pipes And Ride It All Day And Found Water In My Inner Cooler After The Ride. I Pressure Tested My Inner Cooler Twice And Found No Leaks With The Water Hose Test.todd
    Wow that sounds extreme! Seems to me that the ski wouldn't run for sh*t with the throttle body open like that. I don't know what could go wrong, but it sounds risky.

Talking

what you are doing is riding it like if your sc washer were broken it will reach a maximum of like 6000-700rpm's but you create enough pressure to your ic to be able to detect leaks.

Pressure testing a hull seemed like a good idea with the two strokes, I'm not sure the four techs can take a little water (it's risky.) Fill the hull with water keeping the SC dry and the intakes and see if you have a leak somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information