Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

efi question 06 gp1300rs

I live at sea level in Massachusetts around the canal. Water temps get in the high 60's...maybe low 70s if theres a heat wave. I have the following mods that are in my signature. On my pet2100 it says both skis are running 7110 and 7120 rpms with a vaginafly prop. What settings do you guys recommend. I am at 6,5,2,7 currently...should I be turning more rpms with my mods? Haven't gps'd it yet I wanted to dial in this tach correctly first. Rich (WFO) has helped out a lot but it just doesn't seem right. My ski has a few "holes" in the throttle response...and occasionally it seems to go responseless once in a while when I'm going WOT (doesn't stall out, just stops delivering fuel for about a second and then it rips.

thanks..

Mike

+1
    doesn't appear to have my sig loaded.

Riva heads w/ girdles
    VF3 Reeds
    Power Plenums
    Iridium spark plugs
    Dynafly Impellers
    Ride plates by Carl and Jim
    R+D intake grate
    Cat Bypasses
    Riva EFI controllers
    3 Degree keyways
    7120 and 7110 RPMs on my Pet2100DX tach

+1
    bump...I need any suggestions you guys have. Rich did you get that letter I sent? I just don't feel that with all of those mods I should only be turning 7110 and 7120 rpms. Should I try the stock impeller vs. the dynafly? Also with my jetworks valve I have it COMPLETELY closed and it still opens at 3600rpms on both skis...is there something wrong there?

-Mike

You have a dynafly but what pitch is it? What are the air temps? (its more important than water temps). Do you have any air mods done to get more air into the ski? Example, I have the airscreen cut out under the visor, bucket drilled like swiss cheese, air venting removed except for one hose pointing at the intake, baffles and airbox removed, opened up under cowling, +all your mods and then some. So its getting lots of extra air. My fuel setting is currently 6629 and plenty rich. If you dont have those air mods you might be on the rich side. Depending on air temp your 7110-7120 in the summer time isnt bad.

+1
    air temp is mid 70s if that...with wind blowing down from the north thats in the mid 60s. I haven't removed any hoses inside of the ski, nor have I punched holes inside of the cowling etc. I did a power plenum to increase airflow...I'm at 6,5,2,7 right now...seems rich. And dynafly is stock 14/20

-MJE-

Ok, I would say your on the rich side without the other air, mods. Your RPMs are a little low with your setup in 70 degree weather.

The cowling mod is actually cut the black plastic piece under the cowling on the right side of the ski to match the left side. With your setup you might have better luck with 3317 or 3327. When you are testing,start at an Idle in the water then very slowly bring the rpms up, listen and feel for dead or flat spots in the engine and adjust accordingly. Mine has mods similar to your except all the "free" air mods and at 93* air temps turns a 14/22 at 7120-7150.

+1
    do you or does anyone have pics of the mods you are speaking about? I am also not sure which hoses to remove...

Mike

Look at phillips link, it shows some pretty good pics and explanations on most of those mods.

Just as a demonstration to show how the engine is starving for air. With the ski on the trailer, start the engine and give it a couple quick revs of the throttle and watch how the seat sucks down as the engine trys to suck air.

Then remove your storage bucket and leave the visor open for a minute and try the throttle again while you watch your seat.

Look here in the air to motor section. Its from phillipgpr.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29491

+1
    Alright, saw those pictures and I have a good understanding of what to do. Now as far as the hoses...would it be better if i just removed all of them?...if this gives me another 100 rpms once the ski leans out I'll be happy as a pig in shat.

-MJE-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information