Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R-Rated intake

+1

R-Rated intake

Took my first ride today after installing the R-Rated intake and filters on the bov's. Conditions: 84, average humidity, 2-2.5 ft chop. The lake I ride on is crowded on the weekends so rarely if ever do I get a chance to ride on smooth water.
    66.8 and about 60-80 more rpm. I had not gotten the rpms lately in the heat like I did in the spring. My high reading today on the tach was 7880. My highest rpms in the spring were about 7820. One of the only times i ran in smooth water, it ran 67.2 and was still pulling before I had to let off. I can feel an increase in throttle response and midrange. The intake helped in the same areas as the waterbox and exhaust mods did. It gives you a different sound. You can hear the supercharger much more than before.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 06-24-2007 at 06:26 AM.

Good job Beagle, are you using the air suction blockoffs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Good job Beagle, are you using the air suction blockoffs?
    Yes, They don't do anything for performance but they look cool.
    One more thing, I have not been able to tell how much top end all the mods have given because of different temps and water conditions from my spring speed (stock) of 67.6 I will say that with the exhaust and intake mods, this thing pulls much harder up to top speed. The mods along with the wedge make it jump out of the hole quicker than before. I have $484.00 in the exhaust U pipe, water box mod, intake, pump wedge and filters for the bov's. I have an additional $90.00 in valve cover block offs and billet aluminum exhaust outlet. And..... $16.48 for pirate stickers We shall see, but the way it pulls now, with some smoother water I see mine going at least 68 in the heat. When it cools off in the Fall, who knows?
    I also bought 2 flow rite vents from R-Rated. I am gonna wait untill I get a few more runs in before I install those and do the ram air mod.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 06-24-2007 at 06:43 AM.

SPEED!!!

Great job on your Ultra!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Yes, They don't do anything for performance but they look cool.
    One more thing, I have not been able to tell how much top end all the mods have given because of different temps and water conditions from my spring speed (stock) of 67.6 I will say that with the exhaust and intake mods, this thing pulls much harder up to top speed. The mods along with the wedge make it jump out of the hole quicker than before. I have $484.00 in the exhaust,water box mod intake, pump wedge and filters for the bov's. I have an additional $90.00 in valve cover block offs and billet aluminum exhaust outlet. We shall see, but the way it pulls now, with some smoother water I see mine going at least 68 in the heat.

Good info, thanks. You still have the stock ride plate?

Are the prices you mentioned to include your newly installed air intake?

+1
    Yes it includes the intake. Rob - I have not done anything to the ride plate. I'm going to wait and see what shakes out in that area.
    A lot of people have the Jim's rideplate mod and most have had good results. But with the cost of his mod and the shipping involved both ways, you could buy a new Riva rideplate. If they ever get it ready to sell, I'll be watching to see how it performs.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 06-24-2007 at 06:05 AM.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    [quote=Beagleman62;321506] A lot of people have the Jim's rideplate mod and most have had good results. But with the cost of his mod and the shipping involved both ways, you could buy a new Riva rideplate. [quote]

Zactly. Way steep for grinding bosses and a little cut on the bottom - unless it takes over an hour each, which i doubt. I'm sure it's cool, but i'm with beagle on this one.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Does Riva offer upgrades to its plate when more speed can be found in thier ride plate?, Jim does, If he comes up with more speed from his plate, he will upgrade it for $60.00.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Does Riva offer upgrades to its plate when more speed can be found in thier ride plate?, Jim does, If he comes up with more speed from his plate, he will upgrade it for $60.00.
    What happens when Jim comes up with something on the Riva plate that may be better than the stock one modded twice? I'm gonna wait.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information