View Poll Results: Have you modified your rxp/rxt/gtx?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have already.

55 62.50%
  • No I have not but I will.

26 29.55%
  • No, I never will, Stock all the way!

5 5.68%
  • What's an rxp?

2 2.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

To mod or not to mod?

How many have actually done some mods?

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Stock boats suck, all of them.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    miketrin.... i'm at a crossroad as well, not sure what to do.... i mean for example i rode a RXP the other day that had a vortech SC impeller, SOLAS, Riva air intake, and Rotax Intercooler....

WAS NOT IMPRESSED... did it have a better edge and perform better? ABSOLTELY!! but for the 3,000 bucks or so this guy dropped into the machine for parts and labor, i would NEVER in a million years do it to gain what he did, or should i say didn't gain.

basically i think i'm going to pursue an Air intake and a SOLAS and call it quits! i still have alot of fun on my ski, and msot of the fun i have is not at WOT on glass, that's boring! i prefer bottom end and mid-range pull across choppy water and swirving around and spinning out.... i understand the speed bug completely, but it's gotta get boring at some point constantly running your ski in straight lines on glass trying to get your GPS to read something impressive.

so to mod or not to mod....i'm gonna mod to a very mild degree and enjoy my machine bc it's a blast jsut being out there on a PWC and i can't justify in my mind the expense of these goodies for the gains that are seen, not that rich yet. had i been rich, then it's a whole new ball game!

+1
    That's all I am doing, air, impeller, sponsons and going black. I am also installing a bilge pump.

Well I'll take anything jerry gives me!!

+1
    I wanted to do some basic mods and keep the spending to a resonable limit I have a 03 SC with Riva airi ntake,SC impeller, 04 pump,Solas prop and OPAS block off I spent less than 1200 my next option is the RR intercooler and ECU I dont think I will do these mods
    well just not this summer

+1
    My old 03 gtx-sc was sold to my brother with the wedge, worx grate, worx sponsons, and a solas impeller. He does pretty well against my rxp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01357_148.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	463.3 KB 
ID:	111  

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    You might also consider what voids your warranty and what doesn't.

Pump, OPAS, handling and comfort mods won't, SC impeller, intercooler and ECU sure will.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 11
    You might also consider what voids your warranty and what doesn't.

Pump, OPAS, handling and comfort mods won't, SC impeller, intercooler and ECU sure will.
    Got that right for sure!

+1
    I did the Riva stage 1 with the Impros repitch on the Solas and made my own free flow exhaust and gained almost 4 mph for under $700 bucks. Now I have ordered the the Riva stage 2 which is supposed to net me another 3 mph, not a very good investment for another 2 grand but I still want it! It really makes no sense does it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    miketrin.... i'm at a crossroad as well, not sure what to do.... i mean for example i rode a RXP the other day that had a vortech SC impeller, SOLAS, Riva air intake, and Rotax Intercooler....

WAS NOT IMPRESSED... did it have a better edge and perform better? ABSOLTELY!! but for the 3,000 bucks or so this guy dropped into the machine for parts and labor, i would NEVER in a million years do it to gain what he did, or should i say didn't gain.

basically i think i'm going to pursue an Air intake and a SOLAS and call it quits! i still have alot of fun on my ski, and msot of the fun i have is not at WOT on glass, that's boring! i prefer bottom end and mid-range pull across choppy water and swirving around and spinning out.... i understand the speed bug completely, but it's gotta get boring at some point constantly running your ski in straight lines on glass trying to get your GPS to read something impressive.

so to mod or not to mod....i'm gonna mod to a very mild degree and enjoy my machine bc it's a blast jsut being out there on a PWC and i can't justify in my mind the expense of these goodies for the gains that are seen, not that rich yet. had i been rich, then it's a whole new ball game!
    Shibby,
    Did you run head to head with your stock RXP against the stage 2?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information