Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Crashed into a sandbar

Last week my buddy and I both beach my skis into a sandbar. We were going slow but beached them none the less. It was low tide on the intercoastal and we just couldnt see how shallow it got all of a sudden. I felt like such a fool!

My RXP wouldnt start right up and when it did it ran shitty for a couple of minutes and then seemed ok. I inspected everything and it looked fine.

I took it out on a lake today (eat your heart out northerners, it was 78 here today) and it was running great. I thought I would have at least mess up my wear ring. No loss of speed.

I really dodged a bullet this time.

Lucky... don't make a habit of it..

Did you atleast take a look, and scrapes on the hull? you must have filled that pump area with sand no doubt!...PR...

+1
    I did the sand bar thing on my xpl in 98 coming down river here in CO. I was running around 55 around a bend and cracked it open "thinking" I was on the deep side of the Arkansas River. Big mistake. My XPL stopped right damn now but I didn't. My buddies said I looked like a rag doll doing cartwheels through the air. When I finally stopped, I was in about 1 foot of water, covered in mud/sand. I'm a little more careful now. Not even a scratch on me and the Doo had minor sand marks on the hull.

We have these tributaries we caal the snakes, here just off the Mullica river, it is wise to only go during High tide, they bend sharply to the left and right with only short straight passes and then back out into a dif river, called the Wading river, hell yeah it is awsome especially at 55mph and above. If you do not pull out in front of the group quickly, you will have a terrible ride in everyones wash. My friend with his 02 XP always gets pissed bc I smoke him in the snakes, you have to stay on the throttle for every turn... I don`t think I`ll be doing that with the new pump mods, I`d hate to suck anything up at speed in such shallow waters...PR...

+1

Re: Crashed into a sandbar

Quote Originally Posted by jack
    I took it out on a lake today (eat your heart out northerners, it was 78 here today)
    BITE ME!

Re: Crashed into a sandbar

Quote Originally Posted by steach
    BITE ME!

Yes, sure I looked at the hull. It is scratched up pretty good but just surface scratches. Nothing of concern.

good news, I don`t make it a practice beaching our ski, but sometimes when I`m out by myself I have to beach it when it`s low tide at the dock/bulkhead. There is enough scratches on the hull from the bunks on the trailer from sand and crap...PR...

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    If you got a lot of sand in there i would check the strainer. Chances are you're fine but it wouldn't hurt.

I dont even know about a strainer. I will look in the manual. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information