Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't be mad...

Don't be mad...

..but I bought a new ski, and it is a sea poo.

We picked it up Friday. It's a 07 GTI SE for my girlfriend. She loves it. My Pro is still way more fun to ride, but the Doo is defintely more comfortable to cruise in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0360.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	29025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0361.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	29026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0362.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	29027  

+1

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    sweet ski.... its not supercharged is it? those regular non-sc seadoos are very reliable..

No, not supercharged. Wanted it simple for my g/f.

Don't worry beer, I still prefer my Polaris. It is way faster and handles better. We went to the lake yesterday with a freind who has a Yami VX110. He just bought is this year. Anyway, he wanted us three to race. So we did, I just love beating the new skis with my smokin' 2 stroke!!!

+1
    Looks sweet!! Give us a full report in a month and let us know how you like it. I'm interested in the ergonomics and ride compared to the Yami.

Looks good!!!!! I would have sprung the extra $$$ for the supercharger, but that is just me. They do have a much better ride!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    Looks good!!!!! I would have sprung the extra $$$ for the supercharger, but that is just me. They do have a much better ride!!!!
    You don't want a supercharged Sea-doo! And if ya do, you better sink an extra $300 and labor into it right away to fix the SC problems. I just blew one yesterday on the lake

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineR6 View Post
    You don't want a supercharged Sea-doo! And if ya do, you better sink an extra $300 and labor into it right away to fix the SC problems. I just blew one yesterday on the lake

I rode my friends Yami before I bought this one, I was seriously considering the Yami's. It is a four cylinder. As for speed, the GTI beats it for sure. My girlfriend smoked him on his Yami, and she wasn't even full throttle due to being cautious on break-in. We have gotten the GTI to 55-56 with one or two people. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Once again though, that was just short bursts, but once break-in is through I don't think it will have that much more in her.

As for handling, this is all just my opinion, the Yami feels more stable but that seems to cause it to handle terrible. The GTI seems to handle much better. It is a tad more tippy. The Yami feels stable like a pontoon boat.

As for the SC, they may be great but there is too many problems with them. This was just for my girlfriend, and I wanted no hassle with this ski. I needed a stable, 3 seater, tube pulling reliable boat for her to enjoy. She got sick of watching me on the Pro!

Rodneyae, I know you just got a Honda. I was looking at those too, but the dealer that sells Honda by me was being too difficult to work with. They had 06's left but were knocking off only 500 bucks. They seemed like very nice machines though. I was looking at the supercharged one in those.

I will keep you guys posted on how we like it as we go. Gotta figure out this ten hour service thing cause I don't wanna take it to the dealer for an oil change. If anyone has a link to what they do post it up for me if you could so I can do it myself.

+1
    I think Jay has the procedure posted at Atlanticpowersports.com, if not I'm sure he'll give you the procedure if you buy your 10 hour service parts from him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information