Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool water coming out of the spark plug holes

can anybody tell me what or where to start on how to fix this.it is 1996 waveraider 760cc
    Last edited by big mark; 06-24-2007 at 11:56 AM.

+1
    hi mark... and welcome...

can you tell us a little more about it

[quote=big mark;321709]can anybody tell me what or where to start on how to fix this.it is 1996 waveraider 760cc.Had issues with no power torwords the end of last summer idle fine..once i tried to drive it had no power.I winterized because i liv upstate new york.This summer just started working on it took spark plugs to put new ones in notice water coming out the hole where the spark plug goes.I did pressureize system with water hose because i was working on it outside of the water. I know the water is not suppose to come out there i just don't where to start on how to fix

If you shut the engine off before you shut the hose water off, you'll fill the cylinder. Any chance this is what happened?

i did not have the engine running when i turned on the waterhose iright now i assuming that water is not cool coming from there but water psi coming from house and hose is about 50psi

Never have the water running while the engine is not going.

Engine on first, turn on water..... turn off water, stop engine

water running while engine is not = trouble

You want to start the engine before turning on the water, and you will want to turn off the water before stoping the engine. You can fill up the exhaust pipes wich will let water run into the engine. This is just one thing it could be.

thank you everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saving me alot of issues so far

mark you need to get the water out of the engine if you havent already done this. Leave the plugs out and turn it over, until most of the water comes out. Do this in bursts so you dont burn up your starter.
    After most of the water is out put the plugs back in, choke and start the motor. If you can get it cranked you will evaporate the rest. The longer the water stays in the inside of the motor the more damage it can do. So if you havent already done this you should do it soon. Imo

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    mark you need to get the water out of the engine if you havent already done this. Leave the plugs out and turn it over, until most of the water comes out. Do this in bursts so you dont burn up your starter.
    After most of the water is out put the plugs back in, choke and start the motor. If you can get it cranked you will evaporate the rest. The longer the water stays in the inside of the motor the more damage it can do. So if you havent already done this you should do it soon. Imo
    I agree with this make sure all the plugs are out or you can bend a rod. The water was coming in to your engine through the exhaust it will back fill and cause this to happen. The same thing can happen when towing your ski behind a boat or another ski over a long distance. get it dried out!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information