Gtx - Rxt Shaft Conversion

I changed my shaft in my 04 gtx sc over to a 2006 rxt driveshaft. after i got it all together i noticed that the carbon ring boot was not long enough to apply pressure to seal up. the coupler needs to move back about a half of an inch or so. Is there something I am missing. I looked up the part number on the boot for the 04 gtxsc and the 05 rxt and they are the same. the 06 rxt is a different part number. I am guessing that could be the proplem????? Please help, thanks.

You need to use parts from 05 RXT. The 06 and 07 parts will not work. You have to use 05 C-clip and retaining ring the 04 and 05 carbon seal and bellows are the same. If you have a 06 shaft it will not work either. I just went through this and learned all of this the hard way.

in that case i am going to machine a new groove in the 06 shaft i have. everything works fine accept the c ring groove.

thanks

that could work

Quote Originally Posted by carl sagan View Post
    in that case i am going to machine a new groove in the 06 shaft i have. everything works fine accept the c ring groove.

thanks
    Are you using the 04 retaining ring? If you are if you are this will not work. The diameter of the 06 shaft is larger than 05 and the ring will not slide all the way up the drive shaft. I was able to get the carbon ring and and retaining ring to mate up, but there was very little sealing surface on the carbon ring because of the larger diameter hole in the 06 retaining ring. I returned the 06 shaft and got the 05 and everything went together fine.

i am using my retaining ring that came with the gtxsc. it fit over the shaft just fine. my only problem is the clip groove is to far foward to have pressure on the bellows.

i machined the groove and rode it today and it worked flawlessly.

+1
    Found this via "Search"

I have the 05 GTXSC and bought a 05 RXT driveshaft, and close to getting a 14/19r impeller.

It sounds like to me, that my c-clip and retaining ring from the 05 GTXSC will work on the 05 RXT driveshaft. Do I understand correctly, or is there something else I will need for the conversion?

Thanks in advance. --Jeremy

Thread Information