Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Swap The ECU?

Swap The ECU?

Alright, I'm addicted. The whole mod this has got me by the... well you know...

Anyway, to get to the point, I seem to not be able to break 7600 rpm on my 06 GTX SC with the 185hp motor. I tried aligning the butterfly and tried the 4" intake. Same. Hits 7840 out of the water. Someone suggested that I swap the ECU. So a few questions.

Can I really do this? I am pretty sure I can but have to ask before I blow something up.

What is the difference between the GTX SC and the RXP ECU?

I have a 04 RXP, could I use that ECU or should I buy another, I have access to purchase a new 06 RXP ECU, should I use that instead?

Is it plug and play or is there more to it than just hooking it up?

I want to purchase a green wheel from the hulk when they come in, and I am putting in an IC next week. More than likely when the wheel goes in so will 42lb injectors. Can I run the RXP ECU with this setup?

Ski has 2.5 wedge, 4" intake, Worx grate, and Worx sponsons currently, that's it.

+1
    7600 is all you should see on the 185 motor, you can go to a RXP/RXT ECU to raise it to 8100

Thanks, can you elaborate a little on the process of doing so?

+1
    You need the piggy back harness and the RXP Ecu. Try a search, something good may come up. If not, I'm sure someone with the knowledge will respond soon.

+1
    Quote from Green Hulk: "All you have to do is install the 04 RXP knock sensor piggy back harness and it will work "

Quote from Pale Rider: "OK, the RXT/RXP ECU will increase your RPM`s to 8150-8200.
    You will see more MPH as a result. More power bc the ECU is mapped differently.
    You should also use the Rotax 58psi fuel pressure reg and an intercooler to really see the benefits.
    The connectors for the ecu are the same. Some of the 2004 GTX`s that didn`t have the knock sensor update might need the piggy back knock sensor harness to run the ECU. GH knows more about that!...PR..."

Also from PR: "Knock sensor adapter: 278002050" <-- Part # in case you need it.

That should help answer your question.

Wow man, you have been allot of help. Thanks James.

Is the knock sensor something I have to buy from the dealer as I don't see it in the online store here? And, do I need that part for sure, it looks kind of like I only need it for pre 04's?

Does a dealer have to flash the ECU or something?
    Last edited by dochere195; 06-25-2007 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dochere195 View Post
    Wow man, you have been allot of help. Thanks James.

Is the knock sensor something I have to buy from the dealer as I don't see it in the online store here? And, do I need that part for sure, it looks kind of like I only need it for pre 94's?

Does a dealer have to flash the ECU or something?
    Yes you will need it. I got mine from Riva for about $30.00. I believe that you will have to reflash it. Maybe somebody can confirm that.

You'll need the lanyards from the the RXP or reprogram your lanyards to match the new ECU. Also need to match the TB with the new ECU. You'll need to go to a shop with a BUDS computer to do these things.

I put in a 04 rxp ecu and got the piggyback for like $27 at local seadoo shop... I did not need the rxp lanyards, gtx ones were just fine..

So why did they set the rpm's at 7600? Is that really all this 185hp version can handle?

Just trying to decide if I should swap the ECU or not. 500 rpm doesn't seem like that big of a task for my motor to handle but who knows. Sure would like to squeeze that extra performance out of it, and to better utilize the green wheel's potential if I do install it...

Or maybe just the IC and green wheel with the 42lb injectors and call it a day. Let it perform the best it can at 7600 rpm, I'm sure it will be better than stock.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information