Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New 250 - What a Rush!!

Want to introduce myself. Been reading the forum for a few weeks and picked up my new ski on Tuesday. Also got an 800SXR. They have been sitting in the garage looking at me every night when I get home at 7!

Took the 250 out today for the first time. I live in Plano, TX. Loaded up the 8 & 3YO and the wife (and skis). We went to Lake Lewisville. I left the 800 on the trailer b/c we had a t-ball game to get to for the 3YO and ran out of time.

I've been reading all these posts about do this and do that you get .2mph or .4mph but its all meaningless. This this is a BEAST! It just stands up and WALKS ON WATER!! Top speed who knows - I had too much fun with the acceleration. Don't think I ever looked down at the speedo. Lake was really choppy with strong wind but this thing just flew. Aim it into the chop and it just flies. At first my daughter was screaming at me but by the end of the day she was hanging on tight at full throttle!

Ran it 1hr 48min - 2 times by myself and twice with my daughter. My 3YO boy wouldn't get on!! My wife and I are going to go out soon w/o the kids so she can ride it.

I'm new to skis so my opinion might not mean much to you professionals but if anybody out there is wondering just go out and get one! I love speed and this thing is like a dragster. My legs are sore from trying to hang on to the seat!

I just saw that someone posted a pic of 70MPH on the dream-meter and I thought, "how the H--- did someone take that pic?!?" Then I figured out its in the memory so I went out and looked at mine - 70 with max RPM of 7620. I don't think I ever hit top speed though - no smooth water and I was always sticking up in the wind (and I was afraid - LOL!!)

Thanks for all the info provided by everyone - I need to go calm down for a while,
    Randy

Oh, BTW, I'm really sunburned...or maybe its windburned. Can't tell.

Randy

Thats the type of honest first ride review I expect to hear. Congrats and have fun. Same way I felt the first time.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum Bad News.

Welcome Bad News.

Good to hear someone in here has a simple expectation.

We tend to get all wrapped in this stuff but the true meaning is fun.
    I have a different approach to my fun but its refreshing to hear someone happy with just the machine for what it is.

Two items I would reccomend for now is the pump wedge and look into the hose issue. Oh and most definataly look into the oil issue as well.

Again welcome and promise me youll keep it simple.

Welcome to the 250 hp club. Great first review and I couldnt of said it better, this thing is a beast. I really enjoy the torq on this beast and yes it does jump up out of the water and turns alot of heads when you wiz by. We are also new to Jet skis and came over from sport quads. I would compare this thing to a Yamaha Raptor 700r that I owned and traded in on this BEAST, tons of torq. Enjoy the ride.

Hey thats funny, I have an 06 raptor 700se thats my other hobby.

( Had to go RXT.....Baby) Ultra Junkie's Avatar

Talking

Congrats of the ski's and Welcome to the site.... I ride Lewisville quite often - Hope to see ya on the water sometimes...

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    prepare for addiction or run like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Hey thats funny, I have an 06 raptor 700se thats my other hobby.
    I had the same model 700r yellow and black. Loved it. Traded 4 quads for the 2 ultras since our riding area is gone and the only real legal riding is boats and jets skis here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information