Thread: MELTED!!

MELTED!!

So yesterday, I took my 06 1300r out to test out the new dplate and jet works kit..... about 10 minutes into riding, my engine compartment filed up with smoke, so I killed the ski and took it home. When I got home I took out the battery tray and elec. box, and found that the black plastic exhuast ox right next to the water box had totslly melted, and disconnected from the hose....... Does anyone know what could cause this, or how much I'm looking at to get a new one of these plastic boxes(what is it by the way??lol)

+1
    You got Jetworks problems..... it wasn't opening up and putting water into the waterbox the way it should have been, so you had hot gasses melting everything. First thing is check and make sure it's not in backwards. Did you trailer test it before you hit the water?

+1
    No water to the waterbox. Either the Jetworks valve was set for to high of an RPM or you used the stock siphon house to the Jetworks as the supply and it blew appart.

Oh man that sucks!

is this rare or should i look for something when i install my jetworks kit?

+1
    Just follow instructions, and make sure you trailer test it first. There are plenty of instructions here, and I'm sure the Island Racing has complete instructions.

first make sure the valve is flowing the right way. It should have an arrow pointing toward the bottom part of the pipe closest to the waterbox. Make sure the hose didnt pop off back at the pump to the transom, then check the hose from the transom to the valve. Then make sure you have it set to open somewhere around 3500rpms (test on the trailer in the water). The black plastic box in there is your sound suppresion. It can either be replaced or you can get a free flow tube instead. SS is a little faster (top speed) and quieter on your ski. I had a problem keeping the hose supplied with the kit from leaking. I believe it is to stiff to get a good seal, so I ended up using compressed air hose rated at 400 psi for $0.67 a ft and its working great, not a drop leaking and it definatly wont burst.

Thread Information