Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a good Price for 2004 Freedom?

I have an opportunity to buy 2 matching 2004 Freedom with trailer. The price is $7900...is this a fair price? I am a newbie and am buying them for my two teenage kids (and my wife and I). I have some experience with 2 stroke racing bikes but not with PWC. I know Polaris is out of this market.

thx in advance

+1
    Joe, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!

Try here www.nada.com the price seems high to me.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds real high to me too!! How many hours does each have ? Check the info the ph20craft gave you. The year of the ski is almost a non issue with the virage/freedom 2 clys(virage will have mirrors) if hours good offer @$4k for two since early years are @ 2K mid range each, since you know he will then come back with 5K. Do you need 2 skis? you can get a new older stock Honda for what you are looking at...... OMG did I just tell someone not to buy a Polaris
    Last edited by pirate33; 06-24-2007 at 11:31 PM.

way to high , they better be sweet an not have 700 s

Thanks for the quick replies. What are some recommended models for a 3 seater that can pull tubes, boards, and maybe a skier? I have no loyalty to a brand at this time. Would like to buy 2 as I am a family of four. I don't mind older but want something that my kids could take out and not be left stranded on regularly. Can spend up to $8,000.

+1
    Joe, if you're going to tow,tube,ski etc, you probably want a rather wide torquey engined ride.
    Are you sure you want both craft to do the same thing?
    Maybe get one for play and one for work?
    Do supercharger and turbo's bother you?
    Do you want fuel economy or does it not matter?

Jeesh!!! Things I really haven't thought about. This is why I love these boards. You guys have the experience/knowledge and willing to share.

No, they do not have to be the same type. Don't mind having one for play (towing things?) and one for work (just cruising...not towing things?).

What are basic pro/con with turbo/supercharge? Don't want to start a discussion just the highlights will do.

Gas mileage while not the #1 priority...is always a plus. But don't want to shortchange the fun by being frugal on gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpnjoe59 View Post
    Jeesh!!! Things I really haven't thought about. This is why I love these boards. You guys have the experience/knowledge and willing to share.

No, they do not have to be the same type. Don't mind having one for play (towing things?) and one for work (just cruising...not towing things?).
    The one for playing or just general ripping around can be designed more for speed and handling such as a two seater or smaller 3 seater.
    The unit for working or pulling the tubes, ski's etc. should be very large, powerfull, ergonomically comfy and stable such as the large 3 seaters. You will have ropes, gear, a full time passenger etc. so the room will go quick.

What are basic pro/con with turbo/supercharge? Don't want to start a discussion just the highlights will do.
    The biggest "problem" with a turbo is the "lag" on take off, some find it troublesome to pull a skier correctly.
    The supercharger delivers power straight away but loves fuel.

Gas mileage while not the #1 priority...is always a plus. But don't want to shortchange the fun by being frugal on gas.
    So it sounds like a great workhorse for you would be the Yami FXHO or an 04' Polaris MSX140.
    Non SC, good gas economy, very reliable, tons of room, extremely comfortable and still good for those long get away cruises.

The play toy is pretty opened to lots of models and it really depends more on your riding style or speed wants.
    The Honda I take out of the equation due to price and bang for the buck value.
    I don't know that you can get an RXP in the 4K range (doubtful), I'm sure somebody can tell you more about the SD line.
    Yami has the GPR line, killer speed, great handling and plenty around so the price is usually right. You can't go wrong with this choice.
    Polaris has the SL series with 1050 and 1200 powerplants that will fill your need as well, plenty of them around so the price is also good. Parts and the aftermarket are plentiful. Of course I think the Polaris boards are the most user freindly so it helps with choice (I may be biased on this one LOL). The SLTX and Virage are more of a 21/2 seater and work awesome if you're looking for something a little larger than the 2 seaters but still want to be able to play some.
    Of course the best thing to do is ride the models you narrow it down to and go have some fun/work then decide.
    Tough decisions-Good Luck!!

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    From feed back in the last few months and from the riders in the Tube's and the spotters on the ski's in our club the ski's that are preferred is the Yamaha FXHO, Kawi STX 15F, and the Polaris Virage TX. We dont have any MX140's in our club so I can't give any feedback on that. The FXHO and 15F both the last time out were towing multi person tube toys and had no problems

+1
    The only reason I don't mention the 15F is the extremely cramped quarters. The seat to feet distance is very cramped and most mid to taller riders don't like the feel. I know I didn't like the Kawi feel until the Ultra 250 hit the water, now that's a tow machine!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information