Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 250 test ride

Hi ya, all you great sea and fun lovers.
    I've been following the forum lately trying to get as much know as possible. I'm trying to make up my mind on what to buy an ultra or an FX HO.

Last weekend I took the ultra 250 for a test drive and all I can say is was a super rush which I'm still trying to relax from.

Trouble is I'm unexperienced with this type of pwc all my experience is on a sj700 so you can understand the difference...
    I don't really know if the experience i had wouldn't be any different any one of the other hi powered pwc's

I use my ski on the coast of the mediterranean sea in a town called Natanya not far from Tel Aviv.
    I'm telling you this not only for geographical reasons but because the prices here are approx double than in the US (skis and gas) therefore I NEED all the help I can get in making my mind up if I should get the ultra or perhaps I should go for the FX HO which isn't such a thrill but as I understand, it uses less gas.

I know both skis are'nt in the same league but nevertheless I I'll appreciate all the advice and help you could give me to help me make up my mind - taking thrill, fun and cost into account.

oh yeah and another thing, I'm always in salty water - is one of the skis less penetratable to water than the other I was told the ultra isn't sealed as well as the Yamaha...?!?

Thanks for your patience...

Quote Originally Posted by peegee View Post
    Hi ya, all you great sea and fun lovers.
    I've been following the forum lately trying to get as much know as possible. I'm trying to make up my mind on what to buy an ultra or an FX HO.

Last weekend I took the ultra 250 for a test drive and all I can say is was a super rush which I'm still trying to relax from.

Trouble is I'm unexperienced with this type of pwc all my experience is on a sj700 so you can understand the difference...
    I don't really know if the experience i had wouldn't be any different any one of the other hi powered pwc's

I use my ski on the coast of the mediterranean sea in a town called Natanya not far from Tel Aviv.
    I'm telling you this not only for geographical reasons but because the prices here are approx double than in the US (skis and gas) therefore I NEED all the help I can get in making my mind up if I should get the ultra or perhaps I should go for the FX HO which isn't such a thrill but as I understand, it uses less gas.

I know both skis are'nt in the same league but nevertheless I I'll appreciate all the advice and help you could give me to help me make up my mind - taking thrill, fun and cost into account.

oh yeah and another thing, I'm always in salty water - is one of the skis less penetratable to water than the other I was told the ultra isn't sealed as well as the Yamaha...?!?

Thanks for your patience...

Well where I live it cost me $120 dollars fill up my ultra monster, but I look @ it like this if you like rough waer handling this is the craft for the ocean.

If arm pulling ,fun factor and offshore riding is what your looking for go with the Ultra. If gas is an issue then the FX HO is a good choice. I originaly looked at the FX HO and GP1300R. I opted for the Ultra and am happy with the choice. No doubt you will get better gas mileage on the Yamaha.
    Last edited by TheBaron; 06-26-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: error

SeaDoocer
    $120??/!!! You must mean for a week, right?!!! I hope your salary is parallel with your cost of living!

Ultra sealing

is the above correct, after my test ride the engine was covered with salt marks....
    has anybody experienced something similar??

one more question... I read all about mileage and distance but couldn't quite focus on bottom line. is there a bottom line comparison between ultra 250 and FX HO???

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    $120??/!!! You must mean for a week, right?!!! I hope your salary is parallel with your cost of living!
    No that is for 1 day of riding depending on how I ride during the day 1 gallon of gas is about $7

yes you do get salt drying in the engine compartment but that comes from the space arouond the handlebars. Nothing to panic about salt will make it anywhere it wants.

Quote Originally Posted by BERMY_BOY View Post
    yes you do get salt drying in the engine compartment but that comes from the space arouond the handlebars. Nothing to panic about salt will make it anywhere it wants.
    will that happen in other skis? I've heard from Yamaha owners that salt doesn't penetrate engine compatment?!?

is this true for other skis as well?

such as the yamaha? does salt also penetrate engine compartment??
    Yamaha owners told me that theres keep clean?!?

such as the yamaha? does salt also penetrate engine compartment??
    Yamaha owners told me that theres keep clean?!?
    You need to tighten up the seals a little on the ULTRA then its fine. Its a simple adjustment that should have been done during the PDI.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information