Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is the next easiest mod to install...... ?

I've got a Stage I minus the prop (upgraded prop limited RPMS to about 7,600).. Threw stock prop back on and up to near 8,000 rpm..anways,

I'd like to get a little more power, what could a person do that is "bolt" on. S/C impeller? Any kind of exhaust mod that is plug and play ?
    If the s/c is "easy" to install, does the clutch need upgrading too? Im just not a mechanic and taking a prop on / off takes me about 3 hours or more Just looking for something I can handle and not get myself into trouble..

Thanks
    G

05 RXT

+1
    Send that prop to Jerry then your see 8100s

Re: What is the next easiest mod to install...... ?

Quote Originally Posted by 05rxt
    I've got a Stage I minus the prop (upgraded prop limited RPMS to about 7,600).. Threw stock prop back on and up to near 8,000 rpm..anways,

I'd like to get a little more power, what could a person do that is "bolt" on. S/C impeller? Any kind of exhaust mod that is plug and play ?
    If the s/c is "easy" to install, does the clutch need upgrading too? Im just not a mechanic and taking a prop on / off takes me about 3 hours or more Just looking for something I can handle and not get myself into trouble..

Thanks
    G

05 RXT
    did you cheke you speed gps 7.600 rpms with upgrated prop?
    me too stock prop runs 8100 rpms gps 71 stage one riva
    i think i will also loose rpms with upgrated prop(solas) but better hole shot and hoping more top speed maybe another 1 mph.
    i read that you should not repithch your prop until you cheque your rpms and top speed? i think?
    i guess i will find it out for myself startin this summer

Vortech SC impeller is NOT for most to do, need tools, and need clean work area, and mechanical apptitude. If that comes apart while riding, what a mess...

GH: can do that, PM your questions to Greenhulk...

an easy thing to install would be the Riva Power Filter...

The exhaust mod needs precision measuring...

...PR...

try the nippon denso plugs from PPG. I don't think Greenhulk has them yet. Far better tahn the stock ones for sure.

there is no "magic" in the iridium plugs, as I was told, but you will see smoother idle, smoother acceleration, and should see better mpg, depending on your riding habits. I have them, love them...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    05 RXT... jsut to verify.. u currently have what installed? a power filter air intake, pump wedge, intake grate? and the SOLAS prop didn't work out for u so now ur running the stock prop?

where do you live... what are the air and water temps and elevation?

your ski should be pulling ALOT more rpms with that stock prop and a stage 1... which SOLAS prop do you have over there that held you back to 7600?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    05 RXT... jsut to verify.. u currently have what installed? a power filter air intake, pump wedge, intake grate? and the SOLAS prop didn't work out for u so now ur running the stock prop?

where do you live... what are the air and water temps and elevation?

your ski should be pulling ALOT more rpms with that stock prop and a stage 1... which SOLAS prop do you have over there that held you back to 7600?
    Sounds like he put on the 14/19.
    I did the same thing hehe then had to get it repitched at impros to 12.5/17.5 but mine still needs about 100 knocked off.

Hey 05rxt send your solas prop to impros. You will want a 12.5/17.5 or maybe a little more bend.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    he shouldn't have the 14/19 with a RXT stage 1... if he does, they sent him the wrong prop... Riva does not recommend the 14/19 in any of their RXT staged kits... they only chance you have of effectively spinning a 14/19 is with a stage 2 minimum probably

I bought a 14/19 off ebay and installed it for S&G's on my stage 1 rxt. It saw 7800 rpm and I was at about 65-66mph.
    Then repitched to 12.5/17.5 stage3 impros.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information