Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problems With My RXP

Hey there people im new to the site and rior1 gave me this forum and explained that you guys might be able to help.

1)

My rxp when cold has a warning sign "oil" and the warning buzzer sounds, the ski goes into limp home mode. After about 10 mins of pulling the key out and swaring alot the ski fires up and starts to work.

The problem is that the ski does not show any faults on the dealers computer or any time in limp home mode. And they dont know what it could be?

2)

My ski has had a problem with a misfire and does not rev more than 7200 rpm & will not go faster than 59mph on the digital speedo on flat water. The dealer that I brought it from has said that the clutches are fine and that the ski will only do 7200rpm. Even though I have been told by BRP that the ski is set to 8300rpm and all the other RXP's I have been on go to around the 8000rpm mark.

3)

Should there be thread showing on the impella? as the dealer told me that my impella was damaged and they re-pitched it and a new ware ring. But now there is a large amount of thread showing and the ski is cavitating.

I still have warranty with the ski but the issue that I have is that the dealer that sold it to me gave all the money to his friend as he sold it on his behalf so I really dont know where I stand with that one.

Well thanks for reading this and I really hope that you can help.

1. Could be the oil pressure sensor, or just low on oil.
    2. 7200 rpms is not acceptable. It should spin at +-8000 rpm's. I would pull the supercharger intake hose and put your fingers inside and see if you can spin the fan. If it is easy to spin, your washers are toast.

Pull the pump off and inspect everything. Look at the impeller and wear ring again.

The dealer could have put the wrong pitch impeller on there or repitched it way too steep.

Get yourself a shop manual and learn to check this stuff yourself, or you will get nickel and dimed to death by the dealer. It is very easy to pull off the pump and supercharger.

+1
    I would very much like to think that this ski did NOT toss the washers and then someone replaced them w/o dissasembly and washer retrieval, then pass the ski along when there is 1st hint of a problem ......I would like to think it did not.......

+1
    check the supercharger impeller to see if u can spin it anyway, u just don't know unless u go..........

Thats I will have a look at that tonight when I get home.

9secZO6 i was thinking the same thing. It done it from the 1st moment i put it in the water, I was on the phone to the dealer whist sitting on the ski saying that the engine is rocking and sounds really bad.

+1
    try to handle the issue b4 u put any more hours on the machine, baybe this is not the prob., but if it is u will be glad u did not run it anymore

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by W35LEY View Post
    Hey there people im new to the site and rior1 gave me this forum and explained that you guys might be able to help.

1)

My rxp when cold has a warning sign "oil" and the warning buzzer sounds, the ski goes into limp home mode. After about 10 mins of pulling the key out and swaring alot the ski fires up and starts to work.

The problem is that the ski does not show any faults on the dealers computer or any time in limp home mode. And they dont know what it could be?

2)

My ski has had a problem with a misfire and does not rev more than 7200 rpm & will not go faster than 59mph on the digital speedo on flat water. The dealer that I brought it from has said that the clutches are fine and that the ski will only do 7200rpm. Even though I have been told by BRP that the ski is set to 8300rpm and all the other RXP's I have been on go to around the 8000rpm mark.

3)

Should there be thread showing on the impella? as the dealer told me that my impella was damaged and they re-pitched it and a new ware ring. But now there is a large amount of thread showing and the ski is cavitating.

I still have warranty with the ski but the issue that I have is that the dealer that sold it to me gave all the money to his friend as he sold it on his behalf so I really dont know where I stand with that one.

Well thanks for reading this and I really hope that you can help.
    1) Probably the oil pressure sensor(s). It seems these tend to go bad as the hours go up, especially with the 2004's. (not sure what year you have)

2) I'd do as suggested and check the supercharger to ensure that you cannot spin it freely, but I'm betting your dealer is correct that the clutch is fine. If you have a 2004 model, you may just need the knock sensor wiring harness update. There was a change to the ECU programming that required a harness change / addon (don't recall all the details) but as I recall if your ski was plugged in and the ECU software was updated without the harness being installed... you'd see the RPM's pretty close to wear you're at. If you don't have a 2004, then I'd be checking the impeller for damage / considering picking up a used one cheap to test with.

Sorry guys I did not put the year down, mine is a 2004 rxp with 46.2 hours. I have had the impeller re-pitched and I did have a new ware ring put in (at my cost) but that is life.

I have pulled the tube at the back of the supercharger off and the blade moves without to much pressure so there must be some sort of fault.

"If you have a 2004 model, you may just need the knock sensor wiring harness update. There was a change to the ECU programming that required a harness change / addon (don't recall all the details) but as I recall if your ski was plugged in and the ECU software was updated without the harness being installed... you'd see the RPM's pretty close to wear you're at."
    Mine did this last year after being serviced.The dealer updated the ECU and wasn't even aware they did it.It took two more trips and some prodding from me to get them to realize where my RPM's had gone.These guys here KNOW their stuff for sure.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    So the sc wheel spins all the way around freely? Washers are gone if this happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information