Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Motor locked up?

Was racing my kid on the rxp with my ultra 250 we wer going pretty good RXP runs 72 ultra runs 70 when the RXP suddenly quit when I got to him he said everything was normal 8100. rpm went to start and the starter would barely turn over and the dash went blank when trying to turn over so I put a booster on and same thing wont turn over sounds like my motor locked up I have steel washers and basic stage 1 stuff WTF. 35 hours!!!!! Any Ideas?????If I need a motor How much is this one going to cost me?????????????

+1
    Could be something as simple as a pump bearing locked up.... could be something really bad, like a dropped valve train. If it's under warranty, consider taking it in.

If you are concerned with them denying your warranty due to your metal washers, have Jerry put in some ceramics for the warranty claim. No need to feed the claims adjusters!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    think the battery coulda dropped a cell?? it's sudden, interupts power, and won't take a boost.

edit: did you check the pump for debris? stick, rope...etc.?

Its an 05 out of warrant now!!! yes checked the pump and I put one of those hand carry batery emergency 100 amp boosters on so I dont think its the battery????

+1
    The connections at the relay could cause it not to jump start Try taking out the plugs and turning it over.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Was racing my kid on the rxp with my ultra 250 we wer going pretty good RXP runs 72 ultra runs 70 when the RXP suddenly quit when I got to him he said everything was normal 8100. rpm went to start and the starter would barely turn over and the dash went blank when trying to turn over so I put a booster on and same thing wont turn over sounds like my motor locked up I have steel washers and basic stage 1 stuff WTF. 35 hours!!!!! Any Ideas?????If I need a motor How much is this one going to cost me?????????????
    It sounds electrical to me. Possibly shorting somewhere like a relay thats corroded.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Its an 05 out of warrant now!!! yes checked the pump and I put one of those hand carry batery emergency 100 amp boosters on so I dont think its the battery????
    yes, but if the cell dropped it won't charge or jump, no matter how hard you try. check cables, relays, and connections, if not I would get a different (preferably new) battery and try it.

you can take the plugs out and rotate the engine by hand, then you know if it is locked or not before you buy a battery.

What do I turn to see if its locked up is there a nut on a balancer or something

I would pull the spark plugs out. If the tips of the spark plugs are smashed you probably dropped a valve.

Here is a thread on a dropped valve
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=rxp757

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information