Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bleeding oil injection

I put a 750 motor in my SL650 Polaris, I had a question about bleeding the oil injection. Do I need to do this before starting it? There is oil to the end of the line plugged into the oil injection pump. How do you bleed it if so. Can someone shoot me a link to the fuel line routing and water line routing I tried looking but coudnt find it. I am almost ready to try this in the water.

+1
    Yeah, just find the bleed screw on the oil pump and crack it loose to let any air out that might be in there.

Then if you are worried about it at all, just premix the first tank of gas to ensure the oil pump gets working 100%

I did mix the first tank 50:1 I figure worse case I foul some plugs but it should work through. The bleeder screw has to be loosened before its running or while it is running.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Engine off. really doesn't matter though. I think it's an 8mm box wrench.

+1
    yeah, just loosen it and gravity will do the work. I loosen it and let oil seep out of it for 30 seconds or so.

With engine off.

What if I dont bleed it and just use the first 2 gallons or so of mixed gas to get it going. Will it eventually bleed itself? Oh by the way it is finally running Jet drive back installed wiring mostly out of the way and in place, the only thing left is the exhaust I have the 95 750 motor with the 95 750 exhaust manifold, I tried to bolt the 92 Well from dirt bikes I would call it an expansion chamber onto the 95 750 manifold and the 92 bolts are different. They are the correct length and size but the 95 uses coarse thread I think and the 92 uses fine thread. Damn I was so close too LOL. I still have to finalize some things I found the straps for the battery and I think the CDI box sits on top from the looks of the tray and the plastic cover. I am still not 100% happy with the water routing if someone could post a link for the post with that in it, it would be alot of help. I must have got the fuel right because it is running but I have 1 line I am not sure of. It looks like a oil injection return line or something small like a battery overflow etc goes to the front of the ski. Maybe a vent for something? I know I got the right oil injection linme it was pissing oil everywhere. I will take some pics but any help would be great. Ohhh yes one more thing there are 2 lines that sit in the nbottom of the hull I assumed it was some sort of bilge idea because they vent into the jet drive they used to be glued to the hull somewhere. Is my assumption correct they need to be as low as possible to get rid of the water?

95 750

The little tube is prob the battery vent unles you changed to AGM you need to hook it up

# 12 goes to upper cowling to vent to atmosphere

I am sooo going to have to improvise some of this the 650 system doesnt have some of that stuff. The exhaust is different and some of the cooling lines arent there. I see one to cool the exhaust manifold but there is nothing to cool the exhaust I used the 92 dry exhaust. I will do some more searching after lunch to see if I missed someone posting some pics or something in here.

+1
    Here is 750 water routing with a 650 dry pipe.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...49&postcount=5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	650750water.gif 
Views:	136 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	29285  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information