+1

RXP Fuel Consumption

Hi All

well i am new to greenhulk.....but not new to PWC's......i have a 2007 Seadoo RXP with 6 hrs on it.....and i was wonder if anybody had a fuel consumption chart from a RXP so that i can compare my numbers to something else......and yes i have used the search function and came to a link that doesnt work ahaha........just trying to figure out how much fuel to stock pile for a long weekend thats comming up this weekend.......should have 10 hours on the ski by wednesday and have the 10 hr check up done by the weekend.....soo far everything is great....very impressed and excited about the potential of the ski. Thanks in advanced

Cheers

KD

the only thing we can say for sure is that at full throttle the fuel consumption is about 15GPH. The manual actually says somewhere around 55 minutes from full to empty.

If you stay out of the throttle and keep it around 3-5K rpm you should be able to go most of the day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    the only thing we can say for sure is that at full throttle the fuel consumption is about 15GPH. The manual actually says somewhere around 55 minutes from full to empty.

If you stay out of the throttle and keep it around 3-5K rpm you should be able to go most of the day.

I guess i should be more specific....there was a old post that had some type of chart......it was posted by mike1 ur something like that...he is a admin......but i tryied to click that
    : http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...e219fc04a3f2cf but the link doesnt show no thread of a graph.......like i said before just tryin to figure out how much fuel to stock pile...cause there is no premium fuel on my lake and the drive to the gas station is a hr round trip....

KD

+1
    IMO charts are not all that helpful in the real world anyway ...

If I just cruise around 4500 rpms, I can go a long ways on a full tank. So fuel consumption totally depends on your riding style. Just my .02 worth, a full tank typically allows me to cruise for an hour, park for an hour, cruise another hour, then race around like an idiot for at least another hour or two. Since I operate from a cottage, I stop in, eat, relax, go back out, etc. So a full tank usually lasts me the whole day, from 3pm until 8pm, but not constantly riding of course.

At minimum, to make sure you have enough gas to have fun, bring at least 10 gallons per riding day, up that to 15 gallons per day if you expect to be doing a lot of racing and 'impressing the locals', or if you intend to go on an extended cruise each day.

At least for what I do, 15 gallons per day allows me to have an awful lot of fun, but I have lots of friends that I stop and talk to, park for a half hour at a time, eat and rest for an hour, etc, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    IMO charts are not all that helpful in the real world anyway ...

If I just cruise around 4500 rpms, I can go a long ways on a full tank. So fuel consumption totally depends on your riding style. Just my .02 worth, a full tank typically allows me to cruise for an hour, park for an hour, cruise another hour, then race around like an idiot for at least another hour or two. Since I operate from a cottage, I stop in, eat, relax, go back out, etc. So a full tank usually lasts me the whole day, from 3pm until 8pm, but not constantly riding of course.

At minimum, to make sure you have enough gas to have fun, bring at least 10 gallons per riding day, up that to 15 gallons per day if you expect to be doing a lot of racing and 'impressing the locals', or if you intend to go on an extended cruise each day.

At least for what I do, 15 gallons per day allows me to have an awful lot of fun, but I have lots of friends that I stop and talk to, park for a half hour at a time, eat and rest for an hour, etc, etc.

Ya my cabin is 50 feet from my ski lift...so i also do the same....ride, rest, ride.......during the long weekend prolly be pulling a tube ur something like that for at least one day so i prolly go through a tank easy that day.....more then likely be running back into town and gettin a tank of fuel for sunday or something like that......thanks for the info tho

KD

Thread Information