Help on Two Questions Concerning 02 Virage

1)Have owned this since new and it has always had this problem ever since we bought it. The ski bogs down when you first power up, once on plane it is fine and has lots of power and speed. If you twist the ski when trying to get on plane it doesn't bog down as bad. The Polaris dealer said that it is just because this model (95 HP) doesn't have the power to get up easily. I took this all the way to Polaris with no resolution. Any suggestions?

2) Year before last my son was ran into on this ski and it knocked off the mirror and put a hole in the ski. We had it fixed but ever since it has a slow leak. So you can't leave it in the water for very long unless you keep it pumped out using the bilge. How do I find out where this leak is? Could it be through the engine?

Can anyone help give me some ideas on this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich20001 View Post
    1)Have owned this since new and it has always had this problem ever since we bought it. The ski bogs down when you first power up, once on plane it is fine and has lots of power and speed. If you twist the ski when trying to get on plane it doesn't bog down as bad. The Polaris dealer said that it is just because this model (95 HP) doesn't have the power to get up easily. I took this all the way to Polaris with no resolution. Any suggestions?

2) Year before last my son was ran into on this ski and it knocked off the mirror and put a hole in the ski. We had it fixed but ever since it has a slow leak. So you can't leave it in the water for very long unless you keep it pumped out using the bilge. How do I find out where this leak is? Could it be through the engine?
    1) Too rich(or lean) on low speed jets?
    2) fill hull w/water (on trailer) and watch for leaks. Dont submerge motor though!

Thread Information