Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

a little loss in power?

Hi, I just started modding my gp1200r.. i re-did the engine on my blaster 760 but on the Gpr.. i put Beach house sponsons, a new riva integrate, and a riva auto drop nozzle.. it was a some-what windy day and it felt like i wasnt getting full power not even the acceleration... i first thought it was the nozzle.. but then i remebered i made my sponons so that the back end is sitting higher up.. could it be that it wasnt sitting all the way down in the water so it was shooting just right?! i have no clue ASWELL i just got a Advent CDI ignition... are there any pro's/cons that you guys no of, or things to look out for?!

thanks

Hall (p) ASS

Welcome Hallpass.

First things first. If you made your sponsons sit higher in the back than the front it would be a reverse stepping and would act more like a scoop. I would either keep them even or step them with the back lower than the front.

+1
    Virtually every one of the components that you put on are handleing components, and as such can potentially slow you down. Each one needs to be adjusted and under very controlled conditions to give you the handleing you want with as little speed loss as possible. Keep in mind that at the end of the day, you will probably loose a little speed.

IMHO you should take all of those components off, get a gps, and adjust them one at a time in smooth water to get the most out of them.

Your "feelings" about your speed loss is well founded.... you probably are right when you felt that you were loosing speed. What you need to do from here is get (most of) the speed back with a gps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Virtually every one of the components that you put on are handleing components, and as such can potentially slow you down. Each one needs to be adjusted and under very controlled conditions to give you the handleing you want with as little speed loss as possible. Keep in mind that at the end of the day, you will probably loose a little speed.

IMHO you should take all of those components off, get a gps, and adjust them one at a time in smooth water to get the most out of them.

Your "feelings" about your speed loss is well founded.... you probably are right when you felt that you were loosing speed. What you need to do from here is get (most of) the speed back with a gps.

Everything Salty said plus fill us in on the Advent and what settings and curves you have.

Thread Information