Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown SC 11hrs!

Blown SC 11hrs!

bought a 07 rxp about a month ago...i have a 05 fx cruiser ho that blew a motor at the end of the season last yr, ($5600 fix under ext warranty)...i tried to take it easy on the rxp for the first 10hrs since i prob didn't break the yam in correctly...about 11hrs on it and it lost quite a bit of power...would not launch like a crotch rocket etc...beached it and then later limped it in to the dock...took it in and the tech asked me if i had ridden it in any chop and got the ski out of the water and wound the motor then slammed it back in the water...i said, uh well no, i tried to take it easy for the 10hrs...anyway, make a long story even longer, they replaced the sc...my question is this, we all like playing on these things, are the things not made to ride like you stole em or what???the rxp is just too much damn fun to drive it like grandma...i do like gagging it and jumping etc...does anyone have any ideas...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Instead of posting the same sob story, take a minute and browse the forums. You'll see where you went astray. Hurry up and blow that motor under warranty. Oh welcome to 4-tech performance. BTW, you blew the washers gunning it from a dead stop and jumping out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Instead of posting the same sob story, take a minute and browse the forums. You'll see where you went astray. Hurry up and blow that motor under warranty. Oh welcome to 4-tech performance. BTW, you blew the washers gunning it from a dead stop and jumping out of the water.
    yep-your "resident [email protected]$$" under your screen name pretty much sums you up...thx for the kind words...

btw, been browsing the forums for about a yr or so...

Metal clutch washers in the supercharger (from GH store) and good throttle control while jumping. I have jumped wakes and played since day one on my 2004 RXP.

Welcome to the forum.

I didnt know you couldnt jump the RXP I put metal washers and a BOV to eliminate the SC failing and it still failed My sons 17 he has no throttle control so you guys are saying this is a flat water boat!!! mabe I bought the wrong boat????

+1

Git R Done

Welcome scplgp; sorry to hear about your troubles. There are many guys here with the same tale. The real problem lies with the fact that most people are in denial that its not going to happen to them. There are a very, very few that have not had thier S/C clutch washers go out on them but they are the minority. These ceramic washers are the weak link in the 4-tec motor. Most of these people relay on thier "warranty" to take care of them but as in real life taking care of yourself is up to YOU! If you have been on this forum for a year you should have by now run across similar storys of S/C washer issues, if you have not taken head to these warnings then unfortunately it is your fault. It does not matter how you ride these things and it cant be pinpointed to any single activity they just dont last period! There is a cure for the problem and that is to install the metal replacement washers( THEY ARE AVALIBLE IN THE ONLINE STORE). It is not that expensive to buy them and the tools and do it yourself or even send your s/c. in and have it done for you but either way it is a must do item. Once they are in there you can "ride it like you stole it" all day long with no worries but without them YOU BETTER WORRY!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I didnt know you couldnt jump the RXP I put metal washers and a BOV to eliminate the SC failing and it still failed My sons 17 he has no throttle control so you guys are saying this is a flat water boat!!! mabe I bought the wrong boat????
    This is about a someone have the destivating ceramic washer of death to happen, I think I read about 5 cases like this everyday just on this forum alone. Your case is completely different, found here, you have a lot of people giving there advise about what could be the problem, and nobody knows what the problem is, but it did not come from the metal washers. If you did have the metal washer of death, then you would be the very first one it happened too, some have had to replace metal washer because they worn out, but never has anyone had them to shatter like the ceramic ones. As you buying the wrong boat, only you can answer that, you would know if you bought the wrong boat.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by scplgp View Post
    yep-your "resident [email protected]$$" under your screen name pretty much sums you up...thx for the kind words...

btw, been browsing the forums for about a yr or so...
    You been lurking for a year and you just now post to ask my your ceramic washers, that people have fail on here every day, took a dump? This same thread has been started 999,999 times already.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 06-26-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    What do you mean they failed? All they can do is slip. The sc is not made to be spun up and spun down in fractions of a second.

Oh, I see now. Totally different animal. You had a bearing fail. That happens. Happens a lot less with the ceramic bearings that are available. Who installed the clutch washers?
    Last edited by NCHeel; 06-26-2007 at 07:06 AM.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    damn Heel.....you've been aweful cranky lately..

which birthday did you just have?? Big 4-0, 5-0?

welcome and sorry bout the ski scplgp.....we've been seeing some really early sc're failures on the '07's for some reason.

you def. need to search around and read the proper repair procedures and MAKE SURE the tech did ALL necessary repairs, screens, oil pumps etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information