Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar

Cracked Piston on the 150 | Skat Trak Jet Pump?!?

Hey guys, just found out that after doing heads, getting the carbs re-jetted, filters, and the exhaust modded, that I cracked a piston in cylinder #3. Yep, that's right, after less than a half tank of doing those mods while on the river for the first time from getting her back from the shop, I'm running the wife (grudge match) in her 250, when all of the sudden...BOOM, the ski shuts off and won't go over 20mph. Come to find out, I cracked on of the pistons while running her on a full-on top-end high speed run on the river. The little 150 was right there with the 250mph blown bastard, too!

So be it and so goes the game of this sport. We'll live. It'll get taken care of and a full rebuild is in store. However, while having her apart, been thinking about doing a Skat Trak Jet Pump on the 150 for a few miles per hour on the top-end and a tad bit of performance. Anyone here have any do's or don'ts, feedback, comments, complaints, or experiences with this mod?

Also, and most importantly, what vendor is selling them at a good price?!? Any love on the matter is appreciated.

Hate to here about your luck man. Mine broke #3 last year clogged head fitting caused it. I dont think I have heard of anyone running the scat pump on the ultra. Most seem to change to the solas 17/21 prop when the power goes up. Tripple pipes seem to give lots of bang, better watch though the wife will be on you to mod the 250 when you start outrunning her.

Scat pump

The scat pump eats horse power. You'll hook up better but it won't be faster.

Banned User
    +1
    never did like the scat on the ultra.
    best I found was to lift the leading edge of the stock impeller about 80 thou.
    see Dave at impros. also get the clearence tight on the ware ring by adjusting the shims.

rocketman

"best I found was to lift the leading edge of the stock impeller about 80 thou."

I'm not sure I follow you on this. Are you removing .080 from the leading edge or bending the leading edge up .080?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    "best I found was to lift the leading edge of the stock impeller about 80 thou."

I'm not sure I follow you on this. Are you removing .080 from the leading edge or bending the leading edge up .080?
    Sorry yes bending it up. I have a typing problem,,,ah no a spelling problem ahh

The trailing edge on the ultra never really gave much speed, different type pump I suppose.

Impeller

So does that increase top end or just for bottom end? I would think it would only affect the bottom.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    So does that increase top end or just for bottom end? I would think it would only affect the bottom.
    Top end

Thread Information