Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My 250X run vs Satge 1 RXP

This is just an account, not a thread for YoYamma to jump in on about fuel consumption, nor a Kawi better than Sea Doo or vice versa.

Anyway, finally got my plugs ( backordered they ended up taking out of another ski at dealer) and oil level adjusted. My Ski is completely stock and wedge will be installed this week.

My buddy has a RXP with all Riva Stage 1 components installed except for the prop. Anyway, he holed me a ski or two lengths (I'm cavitating, time for stuffer and silicone cleanup, I've been busy back off!), I caught back up to him to about half a ski back, we were dead even for about half a mile. He starting hitting light chop (less than a foot) and I edged up side by side as he unhooked, and we ran out with neither taking a lead. Had we hit more chop it's very obvious what would have happened, but this we all know. But I never expected to be that close considering I'm stock and he's modded. Both were full fuel.

I'll have the wedge in for this upcoming weekend, and hopfully find the time to mess with the silicone in the pump. Time to order stuffer kit. I'm suprised most swear by stuffer, and others like Harry have no cavitation without it..

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    you can seal everything without the stuffer kit As i have had this all apart, however, the stuffer kit will make it easier to seal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    My buddy has a RXP with all Riva Stage 1 components installed except for the prop.
    Good report. But your buddy is wasting his money if he doesn't get the prop.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i am not experiencing any cavitation without the stuffer too...... i have the stuffer sitting on the bench.... waiting to see what the new plates are gonna look like before i take everything apart

He's got the prop, but hasn't installed it, I'm guessing his prop is going to do more for him than my wedge will do for me.... I think ride plate and intake are in order, but waiting for Riva rideplate feedback before going to Jim's Performance.

Good feedback about the stuffer kit...

Yeah, I am thinking that with the prop he might get further out in front, but I think you will still catch up when it get a little rough. There are going to be those that are super fast on flat water and then those that are super fast in the rough. He will be one and I think you will be the other.

By next summer we should have some nice add-ons to make us faster in the rough and flat water.

Curtis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i am not experiencing any cavitation without the stuffer too...... i have the stuffer sitting on the bench.... waiting to see what the new plates are gonna look like before i take everything apart
    Same thing with me. I have the R&D stuffer kit but don't have any cavitation. I'm gonna wait untill I do something with the ride plate before putting it in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    This is just an account, not a thread for YoYamma to jump in on about fuel consumption, nor a Kawi better than Sea Doo or vice versa.
    MY ULTRA USES 2X THE FUEL AS YOYAMMA's SD's AND STILL WON'T PASS THAT FREAKIN RXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude, no problem some take this stuff way too seriously.
    By the way I tweaked your sig...

Smile

I use to experince a lot of cavitation on hole shots. Last week I installed the pump seal kit and did the silcon cleanup that I have seen recommended on this forum. Mine was excessive. this past week end I took the ski out and I am extemely happen with the outcome. No "cavitation" much better hole shots.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Dude, no problem some take this stuff way too seriously.
    By the way I tweaked your sig...
    I'm glad I'm not unemployed and too lazy to get a job so I can afford the gas and not complain about it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information