Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to Remove and repair Ficht fuel pump on 2002 polaris virage txi

Is there a way to remove and replace the fuel pump on a Virage TXi without pulling the engine?

and what needs to be done?
    Last edited by K447; 07-22-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: thread clarity

Isn't the Fuel pump in the fuel tank #20

fuel pump

yes the fuel pump is in the gas tank. my question is can you sneak it out thru the fron cargo area or do you need to pull the engine.

Oh! that would stink to pull the motor ! lets see what the guys have to say! Z

You can get the pump out of the cargo area. I just barely did this on a 2001 Virage TXi. Start by removing the fuel filler neck from the top of the tank. You'll also need to remove the front tank stopper (Item 23 & 24 in ZMANN's diagram) and then remove the rubber tank hold-down straps too. Next, unhook the fuel lines on top of the motor. Then, unhook the electrical connection on top of the tank. The tank will then move forward enough for you to unscrew the top of the sending unit assembly and then you can lift the whole unit out. It takes a little time but really isn't very hard.
    Last edited by kejasi; 07-03-2007 at 02:51 PM.

+1
    Cool, very nice to know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kejasi View Post
    You can get the pump out of the cargo area. I just barely did this on a 2001 Virage TXi. Start by removing the fuel filler neck from the top of the tank. You'll also need to remove the front tank stopper (Item 23 & 24 in ZMANN's diagram) and then remove the rubber tank hold-down straps too. Next, unhook the fuel lines on top of the motor. Then, unhook the electrical connection on top of the tank. The tank will then move forward enough for you to unscrew the top of the sending unit assembly and then you can lift the whole unit out. It takes a little time but really isn't very hard.
    I don't see how this is possible without also removing the EMM, bracket, etc. Therefore my tank is still in my hull

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kejasi View Post
    You can get the pump out of the cargo area. I just barely did this on a 2001 Virage TXi.

Start by removing the fuel filler neck from the top of the tank.
    You'll also need to remove the front tank stopper (Item 23 & 24 in ZMANN's diagram) and then remove the rubber tank hold-down straps too.

Next, unhook the fuel lines on top of the motor.

Then, unhook the electrical connection on top of the tank.

The tank will then move forward enough for you to unscrew the top of the sending unit assembly and then you can lift the whole unit out. It takes a little time but really isn't very hard.
    I don't see how this is possible without also removing the EMM, bracket, etc. Therefore my tank is still in my hull
    I relocated my EMM to the rear on my Virage TXi due to the ridiculous antics required to remove and replace the EMM from the factory location under the steering area. Required making a custom mounting plate and special wiring harness

I forget whether the Virage Ficht fuel tank will slide forward under the EMM bracket or whether it is necessary to first remove the EMM bracket.

The fuel tank itself can slide forward and twist just enough to remove the Ficht fuel pump, but the tank cannot be removed through the front hull storage opening, at least not intact.

Not mentioned above, the oil tank must be lifted up (disconnect oil filler hose, cap oil tank opening) and slides rearwards as the fuel tank moves forwards. And the manual reverse lever mechanism may need to be removed.

+1
    I stand corrected. I was able to slide the tank forward to gain access to the pump, without removing the EMM/Brackets/Etc. The steering cable must be avoided, along with the cables. Rotating the oil tank side down (with the tank removed),then sliding, then rotating a bit back, then sliding, etc, the tank WILL come forward enough to gain access. I earned my prize (FPR sitting in the bottom of the pump )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel pump.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	394350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FPR.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	394351  

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information