Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 150 speeder

+1

150 speeder

Hey I was thinking about buying a 150 speeder and would like some info about it,I did own a 97 seadoo challenger a few years back but had to sale.
    1.how fast on top end
    2.how much gas will it burn (155 engine)
    3.how quick does it get out the hole.
    4.how good does it handle the choppy water.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    I have an 06 Sportster 155hp boat same boat as the 07 150 Speedster.

Boat is pretty quick out of the hole
    I can go 2-somtimes 3 trips out on the water for a few hours on a tank. In my opinion it's excellent on gas.
    Top end I have gotten 49 MPH and trust me you are flying at WOT
    When I was shopping for a boat everybody told me how it would beat me up on the water and in the chop. Well I use it in salt water and it gets pretty rough out there with all the big boats and let me tell you this thing handles the chop very good. Not one day did I come back sore from this boat. I love it and I'm so happy I bought one.

When I go to the gas station with the boat on the trailer people flock around it and ask me what it is and how much it cost and give me great compliments.

I got a great deal on the boat at $14,400+tax+financing but I know the 07-08's are going for more then that now.

This is the perfect boat for 2-3 people if your gonna have a total of 4 I would say you might want something bigger.

Have a great summer!

Here's a pic of my ride...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErniesJetBoat.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	29369  

+1
    Cool,thanks alot,I'm going look at them Saturday when I bring my rxp's in for service.

+1
    buddydoo, the red 1 that we looked at today was sweet.......215hp version.....did u notice that as soon as ceramic washers were mentioned he asked if we had been on that green hulk thing? BTW, got on the phone w/ riva while I was there and I am good to go

holdnon72: that is a sweet ride!, I really like those boats...PR...

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words PR I'm really glad I bought it. It really turns some heads out in the water and people seem to flock around it at the gas station also. I was concerned about it not being quick enough without the SCIC but I have nothing to worry about cause this baby flys!! Also I finally found an oil that doesn't break down quick. Mobil 1 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil I highly recomend this oil to you guys that don't have super chargers in your 4-Tecs
    Have a great summer

+1
    Will,if everything works out we will be riding a 07 150 speedster this weekend,this one has the ski rack and yellow and dark gray.

One thing that impressed me is how well it handles the chop for a 15ft boat!
    I'm with holdnon72. I went out in the ocean with some moderate waves and surf, and was expecting to be jostled around, but it did very well, that deep V makes it quite stable and maneuverable...

Good choice! I just love mine. My #1 criteria is that it would fit in my garage. Couldn't have found a better boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Filoo View Post
    One thing that impressed me is how well it handles the chop for a 15ft boat!
    I'm with holdnon72. I went out in the ocean with some moderate waves and surf, and was expecting to be jostled around, but it did very well, that deep V makes it quite stable and maneuverable...

Good choice! I just love mine. My #1 criteria is that it would fit in my garage. Couldn't have found a better boat!

sweet! good luck with your new boat. does it fit into a one car garage?...PR...

Yes, it does!

Actually, as I was considering buying the boat, I downloaded the specs and found I would have 1 foot or so in the front and about 1 inch clearance on each side. But... the day of purchasing the boat, I decided on the spur of the moment that I would also get the wake tower. Now, I knew I would definitely have to lower it down to get in (it's actually very easy, unscrew the rear sides bars and the tower pivots down, giving about a foot and a half). I started freaking out when I realized that, even with the tower down, it wasn't a sure thing. Of course, I had shook hand on the deal already so there was no turning back. We all joked at the dealership that I may have to deflate the tires of the trailer to get it in & out. Well, I was kinda not really joking anymore at that point...

Turns out, the actual clearance is ... ... less than half an inch!

But I have to say, it is sooo cool to be able to fit it inside the garage: no dust, no sun or rain or wind, no messing with the cover. I leave all compartments open and everything dries up in an hour. Who said longer was alway better?

Filoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information