Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

carb trouble.....

I have a dead cylinder and it has good compression and spark. when you switch the fuel hoses around on the carb the cylinder that is dead switches sides.i.e. the right one would be dead then the left when I switch the hoses any Ideas what is going on. also I just got a new flame aresstor filter and was wondering what jets to use. PM me

getting waterlogged hotrod_sxty8's Avatar
    what year make etc....
    if its an older ski the fuel filters are probably plugged up due to the factory fuel lines degrading. I would have the carbs checked out first.
    it could also be a failed diaphram on the fuel pump in the carb in question.......

I suggest replacing the fuel lines and have the carbs rebuilt

carb trouble

its a 1998 gsx 951 it cant be a fuel filter though because when you switch the pulse and the fuel in line the dead cylinder problem switches cylinders so that would mean the filters were working.

lines

the line thats not flowing might be clogged with trash or rubber from the hose

carb trouble

it switches sides when I change the fuel in hose with the pulse so its getting fuel it has to be something unfuel related. if one cylinder is dead and the other isnt then you switch the fuel-in line with the pulse the dead cylinder switches sides. it cant be fuel it has to be in the lines the way they are hooked up or something to that effect.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You got to be kidding...right? The "pulse" is the positve and negative "pulse" pressure from the crankcase created by the rotation of the engine, and this in turn moves the diaphrams and pumps the fuel. It is nothing but air/fuel mix in the crankcase...to use this as fuel supply I've never heard of in my 9+ years wrenching on watercraft engines!

Either you have a leaking needle and seat or a clogged filter screen.

But your diagnosis...

Quote Originally Posted by sasage900 View Post
    it switches sides when I change the fuel in hose with the pulse so its getting fuel it has to be something unfuel related. if one cylinder is dead and the other isnt then you switch the fuel-in line with the pulse the dead cylinder switches sides. it cant be fuel it has to be in the lines the way they are hooked up or something to that effect.

carb trouble

im not using it as fuel supply im simply saying when I switched the fuel-in hose with the pulse the problem switched cylinders. im asking for suggestions not how many years you have been wrenching to make me look like an idiot thanks though

+1
    im not using it as fuel supply im simply saying when I switched the fuel-in hose with the pulse the problem switched cylinders. im asking for suggestions not how many years you have been wrenching to make me look like an idiot thanks though
    I've been wrenching much less that RQ(96XPSS) but he taught me much of what I know about Doos.

I could see connecting the fuel supply to the reserve or the return but never the PULSE. The ski would never run.
    Last edited by steach; 07-01-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    At this point the best thing you could do was take it to someone with more experience than you. Read your first sentence above. You ARE using it as a fuel supply if you hook the pulse to the "in" line. Do you know enough about carbs to consider what you might have done by hooking the pulse up to the fuel "in?" Do you know you could blow a hole in the diaphrams, especially if it backfired?

I'm not trying to insult you, but your ignorance is going to cost you more money than if you paid someone that knows what they are doing.

I'm done with this thread, I already gave you two suggestions on what the problem is. Good luck.

carb trouble

I figured out what the problem was and it wasnt carb related at all there were two small pin holes in the block and it wasnt pressurizing its out getting fixed right now. thanks for all your help and sorry if I offended anyone but I was getting really frustrated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information