Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think?

I am running no tabs right now and I can run right over 71 mph and climbing but I never have to room to go higher. I get going that fast and I hit chop when I come out of this cove. With out tabs I just come unhooked. So should I put tabs back on? I have some R&D Tabs I polished, cut, and rounded.

So my question is do you think I will be better off with tabs? Meaning over 70.

+1
    depends on what water u are gonna be running in most of the time. without the tabs in anything over 8-10 inches, it is a puckering ride at anything over half throttle. it kind of limits where u ride. i put mine on and will deal with the speed loss for handling any day

what do you mean, "rounded the tabs"?

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    what do you mean, "rounded the tabs"?
    The front side of them so they catch less water.

I got ya

+1
    took my tabs off and got east 1mph gain...BUT the handeling in turns is horrible...i can deal with the bounce in straight line but the bounce in a turn is just not fun..one of the joys of the gpr platform is the wonderfull handeling.......you can get the metal r&d tabs and cut them off in the rear to the same length as stock..they are thicker,so you may not need any washers under them like you do on stock tabs....I cut mine on our mill and left the trailing edge kinda sharp, not like a razor just not rounded. if you run on the river all the time you might like it better with tabs off...my lake is full of wallys (gee beaver) who tear up the water in their cheap ass larson boats pulling tube's at high speed slinging their kids in front of the next wally.

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    took my tabs off and got east 1mph gain...BUT the handeling in turns is horrible...i can deal with the bounce in straight line but the bounce in a turn is just not fun..one of the joys of the gpr platform is the wonderfull handeling.......you can get the metal r&d tabs and cut them off in the rear to the same length as stock..they are thicker,so you may not need any washers under them like you do on stock tabs....I cut mine on our mill and left the trailing edge kinda sharp, not like a razor just not rounded. if you run on the river all the time you might like it better with tabs off...my lake is full of wallys (gee beaver) who tear up the water in their cheap ass larson boats pulling tube's at high speed slinging their kids in front of the next wally.
    I was talking about the edge after the hull drops off that I rounded. The tabs I used are the R&D Taps like you are talking about.

Thanks

Im leaving pretty soon to do some testing on that issue. well kind of, mine is more of a bouncing problem at and above 75. Although if I hit some chop it will come unhooked as well and start the bouncing early. I have had some very good tips and plan on trying them all. At least as many as 6 hours of ride time permits. Good testing takes time.

+1
    Sorry, but taking tabs off is something that I just will not do. There's a limit to what I will sacrifice in the name of speed, and safety goes beyond that limit for me. I know some of you guys are doing this, but I consider it crazy. Cartwheeling across the water at over 70 mph is not my idea of fun!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I was talking about the edge after the hull drops off that I rounded. The tabs I used are the R&D Taps like you are talking about.

Thanks
    yes you are correct...i rounded the same area in front.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information