Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally got SLT wet!!

Talk about nervous!! I followed the pre-checks that some of you told me about and low and behold the hull was taking on water again! Bilge plugs were in!! I quickly pulled the ski out of the ramp and pulled out the plugs. The bilge pump wasn't working. It worked the day before! So, I moved the bilge hoses from the pump to the low spot under the coupler, put the plugs back in and backed the SLT into the water. I started it up and the excess water was sucked up. The water was entering the hull thru the homemade flushing device when the engine was running. I capped off the flushing device and I was good to go!!
    This was my first time on a jetski and I read enough to know that you can't make turns without throttle. It took some time to adjust to. Stopping takes practice, almost ran the ski back up the ramp. At first I did a few spins around the dock, brought it back in and made a few more checks. everything looked good, so I took it out into the bay. CG was sitting out there so I wasn't too worried about stalling out. Made two long trips within the harbor but wasn't able to really open it up but it was fun cruising. I blipped the throttle a few times just to see if it would bog out or stall but it did fine. Thanks everyone for all your help and expertise!!
    Now, time to work on the Bayliner!!!

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Nice job!

+1

Love a successful first launch, WELCOME to the world of PWC!
    To this day, I still get nervous when hitting the start button for the first time after a long project.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post

Love a successful first launch, WELCOME to the world of PWC!
    To this day, I still get nervous when hitting the start button for the first time after a long project.
    Then, You probably hate hittin the stop switch later on!

Quote Originally Posted by 95SLT750PWC View Post
    time to work on the Bayliner!!!
    I have a great website for that! http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/

+1
    Now that's what I call service, Nice Link, they have a great format!!

They have a great Knowledge base! unfortunately they bicker allot!

glad to hear it went well!! hopefully I can write a similar post soon about my '95 slt

Quote Originally Posted by 95SLT750PWC View Post
    Talk about nervous!! I followed the pre-checks that some of you told me about and low and behold the hull was taking on water again! Bilge plugs were in!! I quickly pulled the ski out of the ramp and pulled out the plugs. The bilge pump wasn't working. It worked the day before! So, I moved the bilge hoses from the pump to the low spot under the coupler, put the plugs back in and backed the SLT into the water. I started it up and the excess water was sucked up. The water was entering the hull thru the homemade flushing device when the engine was running. I capped off the flushing device and I was good to go!!
    This was my first time on a jetski and I read enough to know that you can't make turns without throttle. It took some time to adjust to. Stopping takes practice, almost ran the ski back up the ramp. At first I did a few spins around the dock, brought it back in and made a few more checks. everything looked good, so I took it out into the bay. CG was sitting out there so I wasn't too worried about stalling out. Made two long trips within the harbor but wasn't able to really open it up but it was fun cruising. I blipped the throttle a few times just to see if it would bog out or stall but it did fine. Thanks everyone for all your help and expertise!!
    Now, time to work on the Bayliner!!!

Great news! Your hooked now and it wont be long until you will have your yard full of skis.

hey, thanks!! These forums are great!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information