Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am creating a speaker box for 06 rxp

I am going to build a removable speaker box to fit the big storage box inside the hood for an 06 rxp. It is going to consist of at least 3 speakers, they dont have to be waterproof, I have never gotten water in that box, not sure what size yet. The amp is going underneath the storage box, where all of the electronics are. If I can fit a sub into the smaller black storage box on top, I will put one in, or if i can fit it in the big white one i will too. I am going to create a box for the mini glove compartment to fit the ipod perfectly so it wont slide around while driving. Can I run the amp directly to the battery while the jet ski is running, or will I need to get a separate battery? What speakers and amplifiers fo you suggest, I am trying to keep it under $500. Has anyone else done this? Pics?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Camy1448; 06-27-2007 at 01:01 PM.

I can't wait to see what you come up with Make sure to take lots of pics when you get it done.

Here's an old thread. Might give you some answers and ideas.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...rproof+speaker

Heres, my stereo setup in a 06 GTX SC. Consists of a Boss head unit (I know its cheap but only thing I could find marine grade with fron Aux input, 2 sets of preamp outs and a wired waterproof remote) mounted under the hood, wired to an external RF amp that runs two 5.25" polk DB521's, and a 10" marine grade bazooka subwoofer tube mounted in the storage compartment on a 2" thick slab of neoprene foam. A wire remote is mounted on the glove box that has radio and mp3 player control. The red and black thing you see on the bottom left of the cd player is where I shove the mp3 player into to keep it from bouncing around. Works great. Hope it gives you some ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4538.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	29419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4539.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	29420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4540.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	29421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4541.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	29422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4542.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	29423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4543.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	29424  

^^ Oh man thats awesome.

shit, that came out real good, i would have been nervous drilling a whole that big for the subwuf

Actually, the only thing I had to drill was for the 5.25" polks. Used a rotozip with a circle cutting template. Hole was 4.675". I mounted the sub in the front storage compartment. I used the supplied straps, put took out the plastic cover that allows access to the area under the steering wheel and mounted a flat aluminum bar behind and in front of the the panel for support. As far as I can tell in 14 hours of use, the sub hasn't moved even 1/8". I used a waterproof housing for the radio that I used the stock mount and added two supports to the back of the housing, again reinforced in the back of the lid with a aluminum bar. I also cut several holes in the underside of the hood so that sound from the sub could excape. Literally, with the hood closed, even with the sub cranked, you could not hear any bass emerging from the compartment. It is that well insulated. Sounds really good for being on a ski.

ahhh now i see i thought the speaker on the side of the jet above the foot well's but well done man, im very impressed and i install systems. im pondering the thought of adding mini lcd screens in the rear view mirrors of my 07 RXP and putting a cam in the back. but how did you run power for the head unit. and what did you use for support of the head unit. where did you find the headunit???
    Last edited by RXP Blur; 06-27-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks man. Head unit came off of ebay, it's a boss, model #MR1640w. Think I paid $170 or so. I have to say, I would have never bought a Boss product, but this thing works great. Never skips on CD no matter what I'm going through and handles my Sandisk MP3 perfectly.

As far as the mount, I used the arm that was attached to the housing (also a boss product) in the front and the took two angle brackets, put about a 30 degree bend in them, drilled through the backside of the lid and in the back of the mount, took a 2 inch by 8" piece of aluminum as backer for support and bolted it up.

Power is off the battery. ran an aux block to the front of the cabin, wired a seperate switch, and took the power circuit for the radio from one of the purple wires going to the fuse block. When the dess is attached it works, when it's off it won't. Secondary switch handles complete power off when not in use.

I also installed a noise isolator on the power line to insure whinning from the stator was not heard. All in all it took 10 hours to complete. Easy install just allot of trial and error.

For shits and giggles, I am going to attach a set or two of the stick on speakers others have used under the front lid, and maybe somewhere in the rear, driven off the headunits power, to see if I can create even fuller sound. Thought also about a set of 4" coaxial, or maybe a 4" component mount up toward the front foot rest, with a set of tweeters up on the grey trim on the side. Well see.

The best is the look people give. I get asked every time I ride if there is a stereo in my ski...

you just made me feel like killing myself lol j/k yea its impresive, yea ill have to work on something for my friends jet, we set up his rxt for wakeboarding and he wants a sound system, something sick like yours. ill let ya know wha we do prob same headunit since it works so good. does the hydraulic on the hood work ok with the extra weight??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information