Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On The Fence

On The Fence

Just finished reading all 12 pages of stuff with particular interest in the 150 Speedster 215 hp. Was at the new port richey dealership today trying to get a ballpark figure and after coming home and uncrunching the numbers it appears the best price I could get was $215.00 monthly payments for 236 months or $50,000 over a 19 year period. I thought that was bad enough until I found this forum revealing problems with ceramic washers, disintegrating consoles and death-dealing ball studs!
    Believe it or not I still want to get behind the wheel! I'm curious how DSquare's deal turned out in Clearwater. There must be a way to get decent equiptment whilst dealing with these crooks! Aside from the aforementioned problems- how long can I expect the speedster to last if not thrashed upon(too much)and dutifully maintained?
    Last edited by sugarman; 06-27-2007 at 10:56 PM.

I think the secret here is to change the washers before it even hits the water, which is EXTREMELY easy to do, and had I known how easy it was I would have done it first before mine blew up. Also just periodically check all bolts and screws that secure any of the plastics or trim to make sure they are tight, and apply loctite or glue to ensure they dont come loose again.

Quite honestly I still like my boat, and I think I have dealt with more problems than most on here in their first few months of ownership, I would say I have a lemon but either way I intend to work through this because when it is running right its an absolute blast.

The dealer you went to in Port Richey was probably Gulf Coast Motorsports which is owned by the same company who owns Cycle Springs/Team Savage, they are owned by a company called RideNow (www.ridenow.com) When I went there all they wanted to do was give me monthly payment number, never did they give me actual cost they were charging for the boat and warranty. I even told them I would be back the next day so they could get all thier numbers together. I went back and still they were unwilling to give me any type of detailed price breakdown and just wanted to give me monthly payment amounts and this number changed all the time. I told them I was going to look for outside financing and would need to tell the bank how much of a loan I would need. Took them 3 phone calls from me and 2 days to get back to me. I then went looking for another dealer even if I had to drive a little bit. I found West Coast Power Sports in Largo, the first time I heard of this company I thought they too where owned by the RideNow franchise. They are actually owned by www.powersportsnetwork.com I went to thier website and entered all my info and later that same day a salesman called. I told him the hassel I went through with Cycle Springs and told him what boat I was interested in and what I was trading in, also told him to factor the cost of the extended warranty and maintance plan plus a boat cover. I went down the next day which was a Saturday and met with him and like I requested he had everything outlined for me and after a little bit of negotiating I signed papers pending a sea trial that day. Also the service department seems to be alot quicker than Cycle Springs. When I had my 06 RXT in for the 10hr check they told me at Cycle Springs it would be atleast a week. I dropped my 07 boat off Monday for the 10hr service and it was ready the next day with no premade appointment.

Do you really want a boat payment for 20 years?

I got the 215HP 150 with the wake tower, bimini, trailer, SeaDoo cover, first aid kit/fire extinguisher, etc (plus 4 high-end lifejackets at dealer cost), with 4 years of payments at $510/month. That's $24,480 total payments. Not bad for everything, and I won't be upside-down on it.

I see a lot of 15 year payments on boats and I must be missing something because with front-loaded interest payments won't you be way upside down for many many years on a boat?

thanks!

It is encouraging to hear from you guys. To be honest,I was pretty discouraged last nite. Is there a link showing how to change out the washers? Or someone you reccommend to do it? Again thanks!

You are going to lose money on a boat the minute you write the check!

But I see what you are saying.

If I have 20K cash I am still going to put as little down as possible (depending on the finance rate) because my money can do more for me elsewhere. That is if you invest it, not spend it on another toy.

+1
    Who in there right mind would make payments on a ski for 20 years? I would still be paying on my 86' 550 now if I had finaced it in 86' crazy I tell ya!!!

If you are not ready to spend the big bucks on the new ski, go for a used one so you can pay cash or get a small loan from a bank.
    Last edited by TX21; 06-28-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSquare View Post
    The dealer you went to in Port Richey was probably Gulf Coast Motorsports which is owned by the same company who owns Cycle Springs/Team Savage, they are owned by a company called RideNow (www.ridenow.com) When I went there all they wanted to do was give me monthly payment number, never did they give me actual cost they were charging for the boat and warranty. I even told them I would be back the next day so they could get all thier numbers together. I went back and still they were unwilling to give me any type of detailed price breakdown and just wanted to give me monthly payment amounts and this number changed all the time. I told them I was going to look for outside financing and would need to tell the bank how much of a loan I would need. Took them 3 phone calls from me and 2 days to get back to me. I then went looking for another dealer even if I had to drive a little bit. I found West Coast Power Sports in Largo, the first time I heard of this company I thought they too where owned by the RideNow franchise. They are actually owned by www.powersportsnetwork.com I went to thier website and entered all my info and later that same day a salesman called. I told him the hassel I went through with Cycle Springs and told him what boat I was interested in and what I was trading in, also told him to factor the cost of the extended warranty and maintance plan plus a boat cover. I went down the next day which was a Saturday and met with him and like I requested he had everything outlined for me and after a little bit of negotiating I signed papers pending a sea trial that day. Also the service department seems to be alot quicker than Cycle Springs. When I had my 06 RXT in for the 10hr check they told me at Cycle Springs it would be atleast a week. I dropped my 07 boat off Monday for the 10hr service and it was ready the next day with no premade appointment.
    Just don't let those idiots do any work to your boat, warranty or not. I experienced the absolute worst service there. Barney's has much more competent techs, should a warranty issue arise I would recommend them.

Who are you calling idiots? Cycle Springs or West Coast Powersports?

Sorry, should have clarified; westcoast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information