Thread: An observation

An observation

I used a digital thermometer that gives inside and outside readings. The unit was mounted on my dash which has a sensor, the other sensor was zip tied in front of the throttle bodies to give me idea what kind of air is flowing through there.
    Outside temp was 84-85*
    I have all the normal airflow mods and then some. I had the bucket removed and the normal temp inside the hull at idle was 97-98* During a run they would drop to 91-92* After a long run and then stopped for less than a minute the temps would instantly go higher (110.5* was the highest).

The quickest way to cool the inside temps was to give a few quick blips full throttle. This cooled it quicker than anything else I tried. I think its from the instant replacement of all the hot air with cool air as the engine gasps for air enough to suck down the seat and the pipe being cooled with water at the same time.

So with all the air mods at WOT your only looking at about a 7* increase in air temp inside the hull.

NOTE: This is just air temp going to throttle bodies. It doesnt take into account heat soak in the engine itself. I cant measure that.

+1
    Thats great info Pork!

I have taken all the oem baffles off from underneath the cowlings and aimed both flex tubes directly at the F/As. Need to do a simular test to see if there is any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Thats great info Pork!

I have taken all the oem baffles off from underneath the cowlings and aimed both flex tubes directly at the F/As. Need to do a simular test to see if there is any difference.
    Thats the way I currently have it as well.

Thread Information