Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Cooling

Oil Cooling

Tried a product called Two Cool last weekend with good results. It is an oil additive claimed to reduce oil temperatures by 40-60 degrees. Sounded good for the heat soak issues with the Ultra as well as the turbo Hondas.
    Put it in my R12X Honda first with immediate results. The Honda has a Macsboost ignition module on it which increases boost, however in overheat situations it retards back to stock and you have to remove the lanyard to reset back to full boost. The retard would occur every time I ran the boat in temperatures over 100 degrees with 91 octane gas. I ran the boat one day last weekend for over 3 miles wide open with 112 degree air temp on smooth water and no issues with the ignition. It also ran 1.5 mph faster at 66mph than it did before.
    Needless to say I was eager to get it in the Ultra. I ran the boat the next morning with air temp around 85 and again mid afternoon at 110 degrees. No drop off in speed with the added air temp like before, ran consistent 68-69 mph regardless of temperature. Two boats, both with heat soak issues, definately worked for me and I would recommend others to give it a try and post their results.
    Kerry

Two2Cool

Website is Two2Cool.com
    Kerry

112 and 110 degrees?? Air temp??? Where do you live?

That is freaking hot.

Anyone else seen, heard or tried this product?
    Last edited by cue03; 06-28-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Please don't misunderstand..

But, I (and I am sure many of the others here) are skeptical about your findings. You are a total newbie here touting a new product and giving us near outrageous claims.

Give us some more facts to gain some credibility here, like how it works, what the ingredients are, where your company is, if you are an affiliate or owner of this stuff, etc..

Again, please don't take this personally.

Respect,

LB

I live in Orange County California, but I have a home on the Colorado River between Blythe and Parker. Those temperatures are the norm this time of year. I have no affiliation with the manufacturer of the product and have no idea what the ingredients are, other than it worked in controlling heat in my two boats. My background is racing Hillclimb motorcycles for over thirty years with 5 World Championships in my trophy case. I heard about this product through the motorcycle industry, didnt have a use for it in our race bikes because they barely get warm in 15-30 second climbs. However all of my personal watercraft have lost significant horsepower through heat soak especially in the conditions we operate in. I believe it is worth the investment to give it a shot in your boat if your conditions are similar or if you are racing. Maybe call the manufacturer if you are looking for more technical info regarding the product.

+1

Good reply Kerry

What exactly is heat soaked? How can you tell? Symtoms?
    My Ultra seat get real warm when I come down off of plane, that's
    why I've been considering putting some bildge pumps on the air inlets
    like Earthshaker.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Heat soak is the lose of power as the engine gets hot, if you notice, it runs its best right off the trailer, and as you ride,the engine and surrounding parts get hot, you lose speed and rpm's.

Exactly, thanks for the acurate reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Heat soak is the lose of power as the engine gets hot, if you notice, it runs its best right off the trailer, and as you ride,the engine and surrounding parts get hot, you lose speed and rpm's.
    TN,
    Would you put this in your boat??? You know where I live and I want to see if this would help my RPM's. I have noticed that when I ride for awhile the RPM's drop.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    TN,
    Would you put this in your boat??? You know where I live and I want to see if this would help my RPM's. I have noticed that when I ride for awhile the RPM's drop.
    If it worked I would, I have no dealings with this product, I have heard of it, but never used it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information