Engine life after SC Bearing failure

One of our riding group has just had the dreaded supercharger bearing and ceramic disc failure on his stock 04 RXP. The ski has been rebuilt by the dealer with all new parts and metal SC washers inserted. The worry is that when the bearing went the impellor contacted the casing and there is a lot of fine alloy dust residue in the SC exit tube. The dealer has flushed the engine oil a couple of times, and done the required engine strip, cleaning of screens and both oil pumps replaced. The compressions have all checked out, so we are wondering if there is any information out there on likely engine life from here. My worry would be the fact that alloy dust was being ingested direct into the engine. The dealer seems to think that it was stopped at the throttle body. The ski is out of warranty.

+1
    Are you kinding me, as soon as he starts up the ski all of the aluminum dust will be sucked into the engine. Take off all of the intake components, head and throughly clean them. This shows how stupid a Sea Doo mechanic really is, that engine needs to takend apart, cleaned and possible overhauled.

+1
    The next time I have the misfortune of having an Sc meltdown- the ski gets fixed and then sold. I don't trust them afterwards. I have been through the fine aluminum powder failure before...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    The next time I have the misfortune of having an Sc meltdown- the ski gets fixed and then sold. I don't trust them afterwards. I have been through the fine aluminum powder failure before...
    AAAHHH yes the reason I WON'T buy used toys!!!! Thanks you for that now I have no problem getting the wife to let me buy NEW

I spoke to the engineer today, He is a skilled guy, with lots of 4-TECH experience, and he disregarded the advise from BRP, and did a full engine strip and rebuild, so the engine should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    AAAHHH yes the reason I WON'T buy used toys!!!! Thanks you for that now I have no problem getting the wife to let me buy NEW
    oh yes,my next ski will be NEW!!!.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrible View Post
    I spoke to the engineer today, He is a skilled guy, with lots of 4-TECH experience, and he disregarded the advise from BRP, and did a full engine strip and rebuild, so the engine should be OK.
    So this is want mechanics are calling themselves now days. Kinda makes going to school for 4-6 yrs, passing engineering course that makes Differential Equations looks like basic mathematics, and having no life for 4-6 yrs to be an engineer seem pretty damn worthless.

If does what he said he did, you should be OK.

Thread Information