Big Can or Little Can?

Here we go...Thank you in advance. I couldn't say no to buying a 94 sl 750. Actually, I put it in with a package deal with a golf cart. Well...they are both projects, the cart needs at least $650 in work and the Polaris, well...I don't yet know. Here's the skinny...I bought it from a co-worker so I can trust their word, somewhat. She stated that they used it a year ago and they had been trying to sell it. She said it would need a battery, which it did. The ski sat outside in Michigan uncovered for a year and then I picked it up. I replaced the battery added fresh fuel, checked oil, crossed my fingers and then tried to start it. Only to hear nothing but a clicking noise coming from the electrical box (I think that is what you call the black box ontop of the battery). To be honest, I am tired of paying $45-65/hr for labor on my toys. I would prefer to save money, and learn how to do it for myself. I would more than appreciate any advice and expertise shared. Any ideas what my problem could be?

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    north jersey
    remove the plugs and try to turn the motor over by hand where the driveshaft and motor connect. If it spins freely, it's something in your starting system. If not, it could be a locked up pump, or a locked up motor. Also make sure that the new battery is fully charged.

Thread Information