Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battery charging

Can you hook up a charger to the battery without disconnecting the battery? Or do you have to disconnect the battery in order for it too charge. The battery tender comes with a quick connect. You attach it to the battery and all you would have to do is plug it in when you need a charge. Just wanted to double check, someone told me to disconnect the battery, but I''m thinking you only need to do that if it's not a trickle charger.

I would disconnect the batter from the craft and remove it from the craft just in case it explodes (never seen happen). reason want to disconnect from craft is because you can screw up the electrical system in the ski when charging it if it is still connected. ALso does anyone know where I can get the batter caps for the battery dam dealer broke mine.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    problem solved... get one of these .... no acid to worry about, no caps, no exploding, dry cell, will hold charge for a LONGGGGGG time

2 years cahrge storage, 3 year guarantee, 8-12 years life span...

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925l.htm

i'm e-mailing a local distributor as we speak that is ni the next town over... he approached me at the boat show last month when i was working and wanting us to sell their batteries... wanna see what kinda price he throws out there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc925l_lg_494.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	2088  

+1
    I've used the battery tender with the quick plug-in adapter for years and never had a problem....leave it on once a week and its fine(and i haven't ridden my ski since dec)

+1
    Shibby, do they make one with the right dimensions to fit our skis? I have never found a battery that I liked better (or lasted longer) than the Odysseys ... I have had very good luck with them, would like to find one that fits our 4-tecs ...

+1
    Vern... will let you know as soon as i hear... last time i saw the guy he said they had one to fit in our trays and bolt in... when he gets back to me and the price is "bearable" ... i might swing by with my ski and drop one of the batteries in and see how i like the fit... will keep you posted

+1
    OK... the Odyssey will fit and work awesome in our skis, and they claim more cranking power, alot of longevity 8-12 years, maintain their charge for 2 years These batteries will maintain their charge for 2 years, so no need for a trickle or anything. they come from the manufacturer already charged...

DRAWBACKS:

1. They are like 9.5 lbs. HEAVIER than the Yuasa acid batteries

2. They aren't the cheapest things retailing for $139 bucks

Steve: Did the gut mention that odessy reccommends a battery switch if using in a SeaDoo?... I had an Odessy battery in our past RXDI, and installed a waterproof battery switch, said reason was bc Dess system will drain bat over 50% inside of a month is ski has not been run. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have installed the battery switch, just merley dis-connected the neg cable. I was getting some solenoid clicking from, Believe it or not, water in the water proof switch, which just happen to be Moroso...PR...

+1
    http://www.dekabatteries.com/product...ine_power.html

i'm trying to find specific model and specs for the AGM Dekas.... i don't wanna be dropping an extra 10lbs of weight into the ski... for 10 lbs i'll stick with acid... or i'll have to lose 10 lbs

+1
    I have those cheap Harbor Freight battery maintainers ($4.95 on sale) on all my toys, never replaced a battery (6yrs) and they stay fully charged. I hook it up as soon as it's in the garage and leave it hooked up. Much cheaper than a battery tender. THIS WILL NOT CHARGE A BATTERY. My buddy tried that. I do NOT disconnect the battery using these.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42292

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information