Thread: Newsgroup woes.

Newsgroup woes.

PH20,

This is in response to the latest war. Many people are referred to me every day for Polaris technical advice, most are from Greenhulk but some are from the “other” Newsgroups.. This is not because I want or need the business, as I cannot keep up now. It is because I have 20 + years with watercraft and have been involved with the 785 Pro since the protoype in 1995.

I cannot physically answer each and every question anymore, and I am relieved that there are other savvy owners / tuners available to help educate the newer enthusiasts. As you know, I try to monitor most of the posts, and assist if necessary. You guys are lucky to have the internet and forums, as two stroke tuning was a special art passed on from tuner to tuner in the earlier years. Most people in the 1990s could not change their own piston and didn’t have the forums to find a wiring schematic for a Hurricane, etc..

I enjoy Greenhulk, as it is full of positive responses & inquiries, just as the “Other” Newsgroup was in the earlier years…I realize that all the negative posts are eventually pulled down, but there is no need for them. If you want to learn or share a solution, post it on Greenhulk, if you want to whine, complain or post something negative take it to the other Newgroups, as we don’t need it here. This is a Learning Only newgroup. If you are not happy here, then go somewhere else..

This is the only post I will submit, I will not be responding, as time is too valuable to engage in a "pissing match".

Sincerely,
    Randy at Watcon

Banned User

+1
    i agree with Randy if theres a question about a 785 that goes unanswered why would you not try and direct them to him after all he was pretty much involved with the making of the boat that we all have come to love . there are a few more guys who know the 785 inside and out but they are not in business or involved in any forums so unless you know them personally you won't be able to get help from them . Randy is knowegdeable on all pwc's but Polaris's where his passion for many years and that is why we direct people to him plus is is always willing to talk to you even if you don't buy anything from him he will help you.

+1
    After all if you owned a ford i wouldn't refer you to a chevy dealer

You guys are acting like girls.

That job at Home Depot is looking better every day!! The internet is a powerful tool, and evrybody should think twice before they post a rash comment... (me included)... I will speak with moderators today about the OZ Virage post, but what is there to gain with all this whining and complaining?

The way I see things, most of you guys want to learn and some of us want to help.. We are donating out time and resources to keep the GH alive and full of current technical information, if this is too much of a problem then you will see less participation from the principal players. If you don't think this can happen, then take a look at PWC Yesterday, Polaris.net, rec.sport.jet ski, etc.

The GH is the best thing going, why ruin it??
    P.S. I left this on my keyboard for 5 minutes, and though"twice" before hitting the send button.

+1
    Randy I have to agree. I'm tired of the whining of just a few......not even a few, a couple that live for drama and want everything exactly "their" way.
    I'm dissapointed to see guys that I have personally helped or sold items to bitch about something they have no right to even complain about.
    IF they don't like it here just lift your panties higher and get out.
    I for one have better things I can do, projects half done that I'm sure I could complete in half the time BUT I like to help out a fellow Polaris owner.
    I guess some don't understand how hard it is to get good positive Polaris input and vendors to participate here on the boards. Errors, mistakes, yeah occasionally, so what, we ALL do it!!
    I used to wonder why vendors wouldn't flock to help out, sadly I've learned the truth and don't blame the vendors for their lack of participation.
    For you whiners out there that need to have everything YOUR way. You'll have NOTHING sooner than you think, I hope you'll be happy then.

Signed one dissapointed Polaris owner!!

Al Bernal

+1
    For the DRAMA queens.
    I have moved ozvirages post where it belonged.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    For the DRAMA queens.
    I have moved ozvirages post where it belonged.
    Hopefully to the trash can!

I know im a newbie but so far ive had a great service from everyone on the forum and alot of the companys who supply and build peoples ski and engines,
    some should try living in the uk , no help unless there is money involved and no money unless its alot lol, you are all luck to have these companys help with parts and advices .

Mick

Thread Information