Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

00 SLX Installing V-Force Reeds and triple pissers

Well like the title says I plan on putting in a set of V-Force reeds that I already have and adding triple pissers. My plan is to buy the plates that come off the Octane and then install the pissers on the front of the machine like the 785's.

My questions are is the location of the pissers ok or is it to far to run the water? I would like it up front so I can see it.

I am worried that I will have to re-jet, I have replaced the 70's with 65's which is stock on the 01 SLX. If I do have to re-jet is anyone running a similar set up.

I want a reliable boat so I am wondering if I should just leave it alone.

Thanks

+1
    The pissers on the front of the 785 are for the pipes. The head pissers exit out the back so you can feel the water temp.

Banned User
    Those water plates are $27 a piece last time I looked.
    I went with Watcons water bar.

Edit: $29.47 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by S12L00X View Post
    Well like the title says I plan on putting in a set of V-Force reeds that I already have and adding triple pissers. My plan is to buy the plates that come off the Octane and then install the pissers on the front of the machine like the 785's.

My questions are is the location of the pissers ok or is it to far to run the water? I would like it up front so I can see it.

I am worried that I will have to re-jet, I have replaced the 70's with 65's which is stock on the 01 SLX. If I do have to re-jet is anyone running a similar set up.

I want a reliable boat so I am wondering if I should just leave it alone.

Thanks
    You can run the water outlets to the front if you want, but you have to be careful where you put them so you're not getting sprayed by it all the time. You shouldn't have to rejet, as long as you put a staggered restriction on the outlets. The PTO outlet has to be restricted, or it will run too cold and take cooling water from the other two cylinders. No restriction on the MAG cylinder, slightly restrict the CEN, restrict the PTO side a bit more...run it and feel for temp differences and then adjust your restrictions accordingly. I personally wouldn't even bother buying the Octane pieces, just get another set of dome covers and tap those, then if you want to go back, you can use your stockers. Shoot, you can have a set of mine if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by wetherby View Post
    Those water plates are $27 a piece last time I looked.
    I went with Watcons water bar.

Edit: $29.47 a piece.

What is Watcons water bar?

Banned User
    Give me a bit, I'll post a pic.

Banned User
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2021587.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	29534  

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    You will probably be OK on jetting but I'd never take anybody's word on it without plug chopping my own personal ski...In reality, you should be fine but every ski and every situation is different...

Now as far as the triple pissers...originally I had them exiting through the "X" in my SLX decal but when I went to triples I put the 3 for the pipes on one side of the nose and the 3 for the motor on the other side...

As long as you have the angle right they're going to throw water so damn far away from the ski you'll only have to worry about getting sprayed in hard turns into the side the pissers are on...

Now on a relatively stock ski I couldn't offer any advice on staggering them but I know on my modded SLX at the time (pretty much every bolt-on you could do) I was not running staggered outlets and it was just fine for over a hundred hours...

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to take it out this weekend and then maybe throw the V-forces in next week or the week after. I am going to hold off on the pissers for now. I will do a plug chop for sure after I get the V-Forces in. What is the best way to do a plug chop?

Thanks

How do you do a plug chop?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information