'92 650SL & '94 750SL Jet Pump Swap

I have searched the site and this is what I came up with about switch jet pumps around and questions I have.

I have 2 Polaris ski's a '92 650SL & '94 750SL. This is what I want to do with the Jet Pumps.

I want to put the '94 jet pump on the '92 and I just bought from Ebay a '96 SLT 780 Extended pump w/stock prop (3 blade) I want to put on the '94. I know for the extened pump I need extentions for the cables that I PM'd beerdart about the and the allignment tool. Do I need anything else to install the extended pump? I am working on Sponsons for the ski right now.

On the '92 Ski I am assuming the pump blots right up to extisting mouting holes? Will I need a different drive shaft or will the '92 one work? Also what props should I use in the pumps? This is what my ski's have added on.

I mostly use these ski's on rivers here is Illinois

I bought these working Ski's dirt cheap 2 years ago w/trailer for $1300. I like these ski's since they ride good and take a beating. I will add more parts on later but money it tight with other projects I have going on. Thanks for the help.

'92 SL650
    Rebuilt Carbs
    Primer Kit
    Open Falme Arrestors w/covers
    Extended ride pale (The onle you bolt on the pump housing)
    Scoop Grate
    Solas Prop-PA-SC-I
    Jetline Reeds
    Pre-Mix
    Triple Fule Pump
    TDR Waterbox (took off since wife did noy like the noise)

'94 SL750

OP Ride plate
    Reed Spacers
    Carbon Reeds
    Rebuilt Carbs
    Primer
    Triple Fule Pump
    OEM Polaris Airbox upgrade Kit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by howie099 View Post
    I have searched the site and this is what I came up with about switch jet pumps around and questions I have.

On the '92 Ski I am assuming the pump blots right up to extisting mouting holes? Will I need a different drive shaft or will the '92 one work? Also what props should I use in the pumps?
    The shafts are the same.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by howie099 View Post

I have 2 Polaris ski's a '92 650SL & '94 750SL. This is what I want to do with the Jet Pumps.

I want to put the '94 jet pump on the '92 should be a 4 blade PM Rodneyae he has done this swap on his 92, the impeller might be fine. Right down your current RPM's if you have a tach. and I just bought from Ebay a '96 SLT 780 Extended pump w/stock prop (3 blade) Impeller should be OK, double check with Sealion. You might want to bore the exit nozzle. I want to put on the '94. I know for the extened pump I need extentions for the cables that I PM'd beerdart about the and the allignment tool. Shouldn't need the tool. Do I need anything else to install the extended pump? The extended drive shaft and water tube. I am working on Sponsons for the ski right now.

On the '92 Ski I am assuming the pump blots right up to extisting mouting holes? Will I need a different drive shaft or will the '92 one work? Also what props should I use in the pumps? This is what my ski's have added on.

I mostly use these ski's on rivers here is Illinois

I bought these working Ski's dirt cheap 2 years ago w/trailer for $1300. I like these ski's since they ride good and take a beating. I will add more parts on later but money it tight with other projects I have going on. Thanks for the help.

'92 SL650
    Rebuilt Carbs
    Primer Kit
    Open Falme Arrestors w/covers
    Extended ride pale (The onle you bolt on the pump housing) Might not fit new pump.
    Scoop Grate
    Solas Prop-PA-SC-I
    Jetline Reeds
    Pre-Mix
    Triple Fule Pump
    TDR Waterbox (took off since wife did noy like the noise)

'94 SL750

OP Ride plate
    Reed Spacers
    Carbon Reeds
    Rebuilt Carbs
    Primer
    Triple Fule Pump
    OEM Polaris Airbox upgrade Kit
    Good luck, these should make some improvements

I'd like to hear how much difference the '94 pump made on the '92 if you don't mind posting back after you've tried it out.

thanks for the info. I thought I might need a drive shaft. I asked the person that I bought the pump from for the shaft. I will let you know about pump difference with the '92. I thought I just should just put the newer pump on the '92 since it be will left over

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Z put a newer pump on his and said it made quite a diff. Delegem just put a long pump on his 92 and is testing tomorrow. Look for his results.

Thread Information