Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Slip moment question??

Hey guys My SC was slipping at high RPMs so i checked the Slip moment on it and it was only at 60 inch LBS.Put new spring washers in and it only went up to 70 inch LBS..Now I added a shim to it it only went up to 75 inch LBS.My question is the SC only has a total of 10 hours on it and 5 with the new metal washers and ceramic bearings.cant figure out were or what to check next.I cant see the SC being wore out already after nonly 10 hours??Or could it be.Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Scott

+1
    Scott, what kind of torque wrench are you using? Is it a dial type?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Hey guys My SC was slipping at high RPMs so i checked the Slip moment on it and it was only at 60 inch LBS.Put new spring washers in and it only went up to 70 inch LBS..Now I added a shim to it it only went up to 75 inch LBS.My question is the SC only has a total of 10 hours on it and 5 with the new metal washers and ceramic bearings.cant figure out were or what to check next.I cant see the SC being wore out already after nonly 10 hours??Or could it be.Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Scott
    Snoman, measure your washer thickness. When I changed from Riva coated to Jerry's I had only 75 inlbs. with the Riva's. They measured .081 thick. When I checked Jerry's 1 was .083 and 1 was .095 thick. I had to pm Jerry because I thought I had a bad washer because I was at 250 inlbs. Jerry to told me to sand a little off (very little)the L ring washer next to the nut. That brought me down to 180 inlbs. That was with a couple little strokes on some fine emory cloth. I checked it the other day after 4 or 5 hours and it is at 150 inlbs. The rest of the parts on my sc have 30 hours on them.
    Hope this helps.

Scott

Banned User
    +1
    Scott, with your charger slippin and surging before, do you think you could have worn the gear itself?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Scott, what kind of torque wrench are you using? Is it a dial type?

jerry,

im using a quarter inch drive dial type torch wrench.inch lbs. incroments.

+1
    jerry,

im using a quarter inch drive dial type torch wrench.inch lbs. incroments.
    if you put 22ft lbs on a supercharger nut, ok that is telling you its tight, it does not put the required load on your clutch, thats why you have to test then re tighten, add shims if necc

+1
    danny,i only rode it for about half an hour.do you think that could be enough to chew up the gear?i looked at the one clutch and it shows hardly any wear.it looks brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Scott, with your charger slippin and surging before, do you think you could have worn the gear itself?

danny,i only rode it for about half an hour.do you think that could be enough to chew up the gear?i looked at the one clutch and it shows hardly any wear.it looks brand new.
    No way after ten hours. Did you try turning it a few rotations before checking the slip moment? If you installed the new spring washers you should not have needed to shim on top of that. I didnt bother to check what mine was after the last install. I just popped in the new spring washers and ran it. RPM's came right back up. Try rotating it with a ratchet 8-10 times and rechecking.

here is something that can change also and you will never know! the base that everything sits on. meaning the colar on the shaft can wear also. you cant really see it but it does wear! and these guys are right abouthte spring thickness measure each washer and make sure its very close to the next one. some of these washers are not the same fromt e factory!

but a quick question for all you who have seen this.

I study what comes out of my race ski really good to see any changes form before.

saw this ????????????????????

the hole in the 06 shaft has a hole it it like allthe others, but there is a colar in that shaft that has the same oiler hole. mine has slipped and only half of the hole os open for the roller bearings to get oil!

who else has seen this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information