Thread: I figured it out
06-28-2007, 04:58 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- N.E. Colorado
I figured it out
After I posted earlier, I went out to my sl650std and I took off the carbs. There were plates(or covers) on one side (4 screws for each). I took those off to reveal another diaphram type thing (one for each carb). All three had big and small particles of rust. I cleaned all three up and the found the little port for the jets and cleaned those out. Put it back together and now it starts without using the choke and I semi-adjusted the jets and idle (will do fine tuning when I get it to the lake). OOOO it's a beautiful thing. I learned more about my PWC by doing that rather than taking it to someone.
Anyways, I just wanted to share in case someone else has the same problem. It took me (a rookie) about 4 hours to do.
06-28-2007, 05:24 PM #2
Niiiice! I see my guess was gelled carbs back in March.
06-28-2007, 06:06 PM #3
06-28-2007, 11:16 PM #4
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Cleveland OH
Glad you found it on your own. Next time you do it, it will take half the time.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By vinny347 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 84Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:14 PM
By ryffryda in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 4Last Post: 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
By salerngo47 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
By rehr0001 in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2007, 09:55 PM
By big83bronco in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 29Last Post: 09-01-2006, 03:59 PM