Thread: What is this?

What is this?

Hi all, new member here and new to the jetski scene. Anyway, I bought an ultra 250 last week and was underneath her today looking at the intake grate and noticed this:

http://cardinalempire.com/empireforu...hp?pic_id=5772

What is that white piece of plastic sticking up? Is that supposed to be there? It looks like it would impede the flow of water. Some input would be appreciated. Thanks

looks like a blob of silicone, get rid of that asap. that will slow you down and make you cavitate like mad

Really? Dang! That is one big blob of silicon! So how do I get it out? Do I have to take the intake grate off or can I just yank it out?

Check the sticky for Project 250x.

Go to his link and all the different mods and maintenance for the ski so far.

Lots of good info in there.

you need that out but if you just yank it out you will probably not leave a smooth surface, most likey a void which would also be power robbing. good luck

dammmmmm

Ummm, can someone tell me how to get the intake grate off. Do I have to take off the ride plate or can I get the intake plate off separately?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    First off, welcome to the Forum, I know you may have a bunch of questions about your new ski, so Im going to help you out, there is a Sticky( its a thread that doesnt go away at the top of the 250 section), Its called Team Moto, some of us have done a lot of work on this Forum, especially Skip,I suggest you read up a little bit before you start posting a bunch of question that have already been asked and answered numerous times, If you have a question about something that wasnt answered there, then there is a search button right up towards the top, that may help also. Hope this helps.

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=22

Or take it to the Dealer. It is covered under your warranty.

If the dealer gives some BS line then tell them to pull up the K-Tech article Volume-20 Issue-1 Page-21

Kawi says it causes loud nioses at take off and irreguler acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    First off, welcome to the Forum, I know you may have a bunch of questions about your new ski, so Im going to help you out, there is a Sticky( its a thread that doesnt go away at the top of the 250 section), Its called Team Moto, some of us have done a lot of work on this Forum, especially Skip,I suggest you read up a little bit before you start posting a bunch of question that have already been asked and answered numerous times, If you have a question about something that wasnt answered there, then there is a search button right up towards the top, that may help also. Hope this helps.
    Actually I had one question. How to get the grate off. But nevermind, instead of reading thru a million posts I figured it out and got it off. It was pretty simple, just figured I would ask beforehand so I wouldnt screw something up. Thanks anyway.

There was quite a bit of silicon in there. I'm gonna clean it all up tommorow and put it back on. Thanks for the link skips. LOL, I was going to ask next what the torque was for the bolts.
    Last edited by maintainin; 06-28-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Thread Information