Thread: RXP Fuel Range

RXP Fuel Range

Anyone know how far you can go on a single tank of fuel on a RXP? I will be doing this run with a 2001 GTX DI. So the DI will be WOT and I will be going at the same pase so about 6000-7000 RPM's.

What's the range for the RXP? For the GTX DI?

Also should I expect this range to go up or down with a RIVA intake, Blow off and resonator removed exhaust?

+1
    I've gone over 70 miles on mine with 3 bars of fuel left, but I took it easy at 35 - 45 mph the whole time. I've heard stories of over 100 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by RMcElarney View Post
    Anyone know how far you can go on a single tank of fuel on a RXP?
    Check out the graph in the top left corner of this attachment. It's in GPH (gallons per hour), but some quick math will get you the gas mileage. Just remember this in in "ideal" conditions. It says 4.8 GPH @ 35mph and 17.3 GPH @ wide open throttle.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-26-2010 at 11:33 AM.

+1
    70 miles sounds about right and thats riding pretty hard sometimes and about 5 hours of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by RMcElarney View Post
    Anyone know how far you can go on a single tank of fuel on a RXP? I will be doing this run with a 2001 GTX DI. So the DI will be WOT and I will be going at the same pase so about 6000-7000 RPM's.

What's the range for the RXP? For the GTX DI?

Also should I expect this range to go up or down with a RIVA intake, Blow off and resonator removed exhaust?
    70+ for sure, GTX DI will do more. your riva intake and blow off and resonator has got nothing to do with you fuel consumption. Your Throttle finger will Riva intake grate= less cavitation and force of fluid. Blow off valve= relieves unwanted pressure on off and on throttle from supercharger. resonator= throw it on the closest enviromentalist that you can find, it's to keep things quiet........... RXP=3 cyclinders 3 mouths to feed. GTX DI 2 cylinder 2 stroke= 2 greasy mouths to feed..........U DO THE MATH?
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 06-30-2007 at 03:16 AM.

it also depends on how many stops and go's you do due to all the naked women runing up and down the beach+ the idling with a pair of binoculars will have big impact on your fuel consumption and the little guy down there, who's trying to break out of your 3mm wetsuit?????
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 06-30-2007 at 03:28 AM.

+1
    Jammer you are crackin me up man...
    Yes the finger makes a difference (or the thumb really) on these Doos. I think with careful moderation you can get close to 100 miles on an RXP. Somebody over on pwctoday had done this and posted about it a while back as I recall.

I've run just over 90 miles on my RXP. 80% of it was riding around at 40-45 mph. Then a few short WOT runs for the rest. Keep your thumb out of it and she will run alot farther than you think.

Still nothing like burning 3/4 of a tank in about an hour though

Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar
    yeah 90+ is easy if you run around 30-40mph. It's not even close to my old RX-DI which was around 140 but still pretty good compared to the Ultra 250

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    it also depends on how many stops and go's you do due to all the naked women runing up and down the beach+ the idling with a pair of binoculars will have big impact on your fuel consumption and the little guy down there, who's trying to break out of your 3mm wetsuit?????

Thread Information