Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    NEAD help RE-ROUTING THE air intake to the glove box

    I have a 2004 RXP and i need help as to how i can re route the Itake to the glove box and increase the diameter to 4inches. i have an idea but i need to see if what i am thinking about is right. I was looking to get a 4 inch PVC pipe from Home Depot. I need to see if that is the way to go. and also what holes do i need to cut to let air into the intake and the engine. thanks


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by techone View Post
    I have a 2004 RXP and i need help as to how i can re route the Itake to the glove box and increase the diameter to 4inches. i have an idea but i need to see if what i am thinking about is right. I was looking to get a 4 inch PVC pipe from Home Depot. I need to see if that is the way to go. and also what holes do i need to cut to let air into the intake and the engine. thanks

    Welcome to the boards....

    Do a search for 4" intake...Many of us remove the OEm intake entirely and run a 4" hose with filter to the tiangle hole under the glove box...You cal also look into the Riva Rear intake....

  3. #3
    what type of hose can i use? and is that the best way to get the most performace on to the engine? i already took of the OEM intake i have the RIVA intake system with an HKS filter.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by techone View Post
    what type of hose can i use? and is that the best way to get the most performace on to the engine? i already took of the OEM intake i have the RIVA intake system with an HKS filter.
    Then simply extend the air intake and place the filter near the air opening....REMOVE all the OEM air intake parts...

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...2&d=1178419970

  5. #5
    what do i use just a standard PVC pipe...or a house? and would that get the best performance?

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by techone View Post
    what do i use just a standard PVC pipe...or a house? and would that get the best performance?

    hose the is NON-collapsable, such as dryer vent hose, etc...

    for now, just remove all the OEM air intake parts...

  7. #7

  8. #8
    friebe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    224
    Better way, more water proof and less than half the price.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15678

    Steve

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 02:51 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  3. Help me choose an Air Intake...
    By STALKER FZR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM
  4. Convert Riva's Pro Air Intake to Performance Intake
    By Ultra250xryder in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
  5. Which air intake to buy?
    By grandtahoe in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •