Thread: anybody

anybody

im looking for a performance intake for the speedster 150 215 and a intake grate........ is it easy to change the ceramic washers out of the supercharger or should i have somebdy do it for me

Did your washers turn out to be broken? It is easy to change them yes, but if they have already broken your going to at the very least need to pull the front oil pump off and check it out. If you intend to change them yourself you should read the instructions on the internet, or I think mine came with instructions in the box when I ordered the washers, but you will also need the shaft holding tool from jerrys store here, or just send the SC to him to do the swap.

broken

i went to my boat afetr work and pulled off the intake tube and i could spin the little fan in there with ease so im guessing that its the problem........

Quote Originally Posted by arod25 View Post
    i went to my boat afetr work and pulled off the intake tube and i could spin the little fan in there with ease so im guessing that its the problem........
    Welcome to my world... luckily all of my washer was in the front oil pump and only a very small amount made it through so the pump wasnt even damaged that badly. However I only ran mine for a few minutes after it happened as I knew what it was, if you ran yours for a while the damage will likely be more severe.

anybody

yeah i ran mine for longer but the only thing seams to be that its just slower doesnt sound bad or anything, is it easy to take off the front oil pump to check

Oh it wont sound funny at all til the rod gets ready to fly through the block im sure, keep in mind that ceramic material, although it shatters easily it is 5+ times harder than steel. The front oil pump on the '07 boat is a snap to remove, they have updated its design for either 06 or 07 cant remember, but if you stick your head in their and look at where the oil filler neck goes to thats the front oil pump cover, also know as the oil seperator.

It has i think 8 bolts around the outside of it and it uses an o-ring so you can easily pull it and put back as long as you dont damage the o-ring, also you have to remove the oil filler neck of course which has 2 bolts holding it to the top part of the motor and 2 bolts holding it on the oil pump housing which also go through the oil pump cover.

The thing to remember is that in your case if you have been running it longer both of your oil pumps are surely damaged, and probably much worse than mine, you will be able to guage the damage if you remove that pump though, but either way if the dealer is an option then you need to let them do it. And really from my understanding no matter what you do your motor's life has been shortened considerably due to the wear caused by the ceramic's....Lovely design sea-doo has there isnt it?

yeah

what pieces of shit i vcant belive that they dont have a recall on these dam things, every dealer i talk too has no clue of this problem why is that???

They are in denial mode if they act like they have never heard of it, my dealer was that way at first to, and although they are incompetent and unable to handle simple tasks they finally admitted they had been dealing with MANY of these problems, along with several blown motors attributed to the ceramic damage. I imagine certain dealers will have dealt with more cases than others due to their proximity to certain bodies of water, which would explain why some dealers/people in certain areas are claiming the problem isnt widespread, even though in reality it is. The design is bad, pure and simple, it might be ok for flat water or certain conditions, but clearly it is NOT ok for much of anything else.

The design is bad, pure and simple, it might be ok for flat water or certain conditions, but clearly it is NOT ok for much of anything else.
    The OLD theory was that jumping out of the water was causing the problem, so we concluded it must be more of a problem for skis rather than boats. Even in choppy waters, a boat's jet stays planted much better, but with all these failures in boats just trying to get through their break-in hours, I think we can throw that theory out the window; it seems flat water can be a killer too. You're simply riding on borrowed time with the ceramics in any condition.

Well I dont know if its just my boat but I find it very difficult to stay planted, I would say its almost as bad as my 2 seater jetski was, which really surprises me. I am sure that helped contribute to my washers failing. I have certain parts of my lake that are very choppy and I always drive slowly through them, but I still get tossed around pretty bad.

Thread Information