Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Joining The Darkside!

hello to all, my name is danny i was recently a polaris fanatic untill the motor blew . long story short i had 2 choices either i rebuild the motor and loose money and still have a 10yr old ski or sell it and get something newer!? sooooooo i started leaning over to yamaha, i liked the GPR but once i saw it in person on how much storage it had, i lost intrest. so as of yesterday i bought myself a 2002 xlt 1200 im very happy with it all sround but i still havent taken it for a spin yet so im waiting on good weather.

Please feel free to share some info about this ski!

+1
    Great rough water ski. Seems to chine walk at lower speeds but nothing serious. Might want to pick up some wave eater clips or r&d billet power valves to prevent a power valve failure. Seal the pump and enjoy your new ride. You might also consider some billets power valve couplers to take the slop out of the linkage. Dont forget to replace the catcon with a d plate. Other than that you bought a damn reliable ski. I have personally rebuilt one that had over 600 hrs on it. Welcome to the darkside!

Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    Great rough water ski. Seems to chine walk at lower speeds but nothing serious. Might want to pick up some wave eater clips or r&d billet power valves to prevent a power valve failure. Seal the pump and enjoy your new ride. You might also consider some billets power valve couplers to take the slop out of the linkage. Dont forget to replace the catcon with a d plate. Other than that you bought a damn reliable ski. I have personally rebuilt one that had over 600 hrs on it. Welcome to the darkside!
    Thank you , also a good buddy of mine talked me in getting an xlt also (pwcmaniac) so he kinda pushed me over to yamaha too

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    -- Danny > ME? I had nohting to do with your desision. I only told you, BUY YAMAHA OR DIE!!!!!!!! But other than that, I think I wasn't really involved in your desicion. Dude, I can tell u that washing & waxing ur new XLT was a pleasure & I look forward to riding in the Keys with you bro...

-- Smitty> U gotta come down to the Keys with us for atleast one entire day man. There's a total of 4 permanent skiis down there this year. You have to join is on a nice ride around the island. You can reach your top speeds through the mangroves, no wind, no wake, all power!!! You wont regret it. I GUARANTEE IT!!!

+1
    do not let alex do a jetworks mod without realtime phone support

No comment, no comment!!! lol...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nonvtecdaturbo View Post
    hello to all, my name is danny i was recently a polaris fanatic untill the motor blew . long story short i had 2 choices either i rebuild the motor and loose money and still have a 10yr old ski or sell it and get something newer!? sooooooo i started leaning over to yamaha, i liked the GPR but once i saw it in person on how much storage it had, i lost intrest. so as of yesterday i bought myself a 2002 xlt 1200 im very happy with it all sround but i still havent taken it for a spin yet so im waiting on good weather.

Please feel free to share some info about this ski!
    * You will find lots of tech support for the Yamaha GPR on this side.
    take the time to download a Service Manual for your machine. Look below in my signature under manauls and save to your harddrive.
    * The How-To FAQ section has lots of answers as well as using the Search feature.

+1
    welcome to the yami side...enjoy thay xlt there great and get some wave eater clips like joe surgested...... paul....

What kind of gain is expected from those wave eater clips? There's alot of disassembeling to do to get there so we would have to make sure it's worth it to do it. I think I speak for Danny as well as I do for myself. Him & I would do the job together to both our skis. Danny is 100% stock. I have the mods seen below. I'm pushing about 2mph more than him. I have yet to install the SOLAS on my ski though. With the SOLAS & the wave eater clips, would I see a major diferrence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information