Groco Water stainer-lost my gasket

I was at the lake today and i got a H-Temp alarm. I was doing a bunch of tight circles. I was at the shore so i figured i would dump out the strainer-It wasn't clogged. I end up dumping the black rubber gasket into the lake.

Now i need to know where i can get another gasket? I check my local auto parts store about a o-ring. They didn't have anything big enough. I don't like the idea of my external IC without a strainer.

Maybe a future idea is not to empty the strainer while in the lake or also maybe put a small bit of glue to hold the gasket in the cup as to prevent this from happening again

+1
    Check Ace Hardware.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsRXT View Post
    I was at the lake today and i got a H-Temp alarm. I was doing a bunch of tight circles. I was at the shore so i figured i would dump out the strainer-It wasn't clogged. I end up dumping the black rubber gasket into the lake.

Now i need to know where i can get another gasket? I check my local auto parts store about a o-ring. They didn't have anything big enough. I don't like the idea of my external IC without a strainer.

Maybe a future idea is not to empty the strainer while in the lake or also maybe put a small bit of glue to hold the gasket in the cup as to prevent this from happening again
    make one out of some rubber, or even from an old inner tube

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    And make sure you really torque that cup in there really good. I've left mine just a bit loose twice and water starts pouring in from the seal...

Well i went to ace hardware and found an o-ring that looks like it should work. Its round instead of the square cut ring that was in there. Its worth a 34 cent try. I'll be trying it out this afternoon.

Another idea I had was a gasket from an engine oil filter. Oil filter gaskets are square cut. I wasn't able to find one small enough at auto zone. They didn't have any filter for smaller engines like a motorcyle or lawn tractor. If i come across one i'll post it for others.

Thread Information