Buying 07 RXT tomorrow!!!!

I have decided to get myself into an 07 RXT.I got it for 10,200 with a trailer and then add on the tax.Only about 45 minutes away.I don't think i am going to change the washers yet because I don't do any hard riding or anything and the guy said if they go they will replace them with metal if I buy them so that is sweet.Break in is 10 hours correct?

Sounds like a great deal,where bouts are buying from, i might be looking for another ski

+1
    just change them now. Unless u want a brand new ski with as rebuilt motor.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    NO! NO! They will have to do alot more then just changing the washers if they go. They will have to take apart things on your engine to clean out all the ceramic fragments in your oil. It's a long drawn out process that takes a long time when dealing with your sea doo dealer. Just remove the supercharger and send it to jerry he will put the metal washers in and you will have piece of mind a great ski for many years to come. It doesn't matter how you ride it they can blow at any time. Read some of the SC washer stories on here and you will see that you have to remove them ASAP. Sorry But i'm just trying to save you a major Headache.

I couldn't agree more about the ceramics. The ones in my 05 RXT failed at 48.5 hours with no warning, on a ski that hadn't been ridden all that hard.

I'm not taking any chances again...pulled my sc this evening! I'd suggest you do the same.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Mines failed at like 34 hrs the first time I think....

Change them now! I've see people break them at 8 hrs!

DO NOT RIDE THAT SKI UNTIL YOU CHANGE THEM!

I had to wait a month and a half for my ski and that was in the wintertime!

You will regret not doing it...You are on a forum where you can get good info, And my God, if you listen to only one thing, change the washers. Ride hard or not, its just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    NO! NO! They will have to do alot more then just changing the washers if they go. They will have to take apart things on your engine to clean out all the ceramic fragments in your oil. It's a long drawn out process that takes a long time when dealing with your sea doo dealer. Just remove the supercharger and send it to jerry he will put the metal washers in and you will have piece of mind a great ski for many years to come. It doesn't matter how you ride it they can blow at any time. Read some of the SC washer stories on here and you will see that you have to remove them ASAP. Sorry But i'm just trying to save you a major Headache.

WORD.

Thread Information